View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default Forward Hinged Canopy

What i did not realize until recently was that a main reason that Steve Wright did the staggered was to increase crash survivability, it has a "keel" to stop it from collapsing in a crash.

He did this because of all the crashes he went to and inspected in the early days of the canards.

The forward hinged canopy is beyond a doubt safer, but, the only two that i like that i know of are steve parkins and steve wrights.

Both keep the canopy surround to a minimum, minimizing the possibility of the plexi shrinking at altitude and opening up a huge gap.

Too many have died with the side opening canopy

on another note Steve wright has the best water sealing around, a complete channel to channel away the water before it is sealed - excellent design

Both Steves are easily accessible to describe and provide pics of their methods
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world