Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Instuments / Avionics / Electrical System
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Default Landing/Taxi light

Well, years ago i bought a audi HID light for 50 bucks, great price but now i find that i do not wish to use it.

I am trying to get rid of as much load on the 12 system that i can and put it on the 24 volt system.

What is the best value for a 24 volt landing/taxi light?
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 06-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Default Re: Landing/Taxi light

What are you trying to do, put as much as you can on the 24v buss and use a single 24v battery and a DC-DC converter for 12 volts instead of a dual 12v battery system?
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 06-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Landing/Taxi light

close but no banana.

24 volt system, 4 12 volt batteries, wired into two 24 v batteries and each treated as one.

24 to 12 volt dc converters to handle the few 12V items i have. Probably 4

2 to handle the engine, one primary and one backup
2 to handle the few items that i can't be converted to 24 volt, strong pitch trim, black box for nose gear(the nose gear is 24 volt), mmmm, can't think of what else at the moment, don't know if i can find a 24 volt landing brake actuator.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world