Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Firewall Backward and Forward > Propellors
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Default CS prop

well, a rather new company, variprop, has a prop they assure me will work fine.

pros
smaller than aerocomp, a big issue because of prop strikes
longer extension, an issue for good air flow
Price is excellent

cons
a new company
A NEW COMPANY
a non fiberglass covered wood prop.

I've made a deal with the owner to supply me in trust with my attorney all specs for making parts that are not readily available in case he ever goes out of business.
Ive contacted gary hertzler to see if he can glass the prop for me.

I hope i can arrange it otherwise the pusher configuration seems to get more FOD damage than tractor configurations and the bigger and more expensive aerocomp will have to fit the bill
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 03-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: CS prop

well, just talked to aerocomposits and they can make the prop 68 inches

hard 5,000 decision, but i'll probably go with the aero

Sorry vari, hard to go with a start up
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 04-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Check is in the mail to aerocomposits
dust

Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

had a funny conversation with prop mfg. They think i am concerned with getting the tail as small as possible, smaller than their smallest hub assembly of 13"

Well, I'm not. my concern is smoooooooooooth airflow. bringing the cowl at a rate that provides the most "clean" air to the back of the plane without causing turbulence.

Heck, i hope i can do it with just a 14" hub, the plane will tell me when i build the prop.

They are sending me a hub fixture of the max length possible

the smallest size is of no import, there is no blade that close to the hub to produce thrust
dust

Old 05-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
the plane will tell me when i build the prop.
i ain't building no prop, the cowl, the cowl will tell me
dust

Old 05-07-2010, 12:50 PM
G.Norman

When you say, "hub" do you mean prop extension? Not sure where or how its measured but a 14" hub seems like a large diameter.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

On the aero composits prop, there is no "extension, they build the extension as part of the prop. I think the maximum is about 5.7 inches.

the 14" i am talking about and had written about very poorly is the mounting plate for the prop spinner.
dust

Old 01-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Well I am now in possession of a prop manual and a spinner hub, prop will be here in a week or 2

the spinner hub is for a 15" spinner, the smallest i could bring the lower cowl down to without tripping airflow.
dust

Old 01-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Guess what happened today?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0016.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	4621  
dust

Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 PM

Looks like somebody just took delivery of a new three blade prop! But where the heck are you? Looks like your in a builders office with all the home specs in the background.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

In my buddies heat&cooling office, plenty of room till i need it
dust

Old 01-25-2011, 12:54 PM
G.Norman

Quote:
Uh...you taught your dog to do pull-ups on your arm?

Say, what's that funny 3 pointed box behind you? Ah, a ceiling fan!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Could you? Will you show us what was in the 3-pronged box? Is the diameter 68"? IIRC, it will be powered by a TIO-360 Continental? And is a constant speed --right?