Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > Jigs/Fixtures/Patterns/Molds for Loan
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter View Post
This would be very easy to do if the machine isn't adjusted properly. The machine needs to be adjusted to the wire being used.

The right tool for the right job.
Well put, Waiter, and the whole point of my initial post. There's an "if you aren't careful" buried in there somewhere and not a single "DON'T USE THIS TOOL!"

The right tool for the right job, indeed... with a little "right know-how" applied so you get consistent/reliable results.

I look forward to drooling over (but not on) your results.

D
Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Wire marker

http://www.iflyez.com/LongEZ_Retrofit_JUN_05.shtml

They still make the machine and a new one costs $10,000, i got mine for 400.00

It is available for use, 50 bucks a plane, mark your wire every 12 inches with a number and N number if you like, i just did this for a buddy that is rewiring his vari.

it marks wire down to 20 gauge and i m now figuring out how to do 22 gauge, looks like marking heat shrink on a flat and then shrinking it on, a little labor intensive compared to pulling the wire and pressing the foot switch.

The machine is too heavy to ship, about 70 pounds, so if you want your wires marked, send them to me and i'll do it.

$2.00 a wire every 10 or so inches down to 20 gauge
$3.00 a wire with heat shrink, send me a list of the labels and the quantity and i'll make the heat shrink up for you to attach and shrink to the wire.

Send me a coupla feet of each gauge used so i can properly set the pressure and not ruin any wire

To my knowledge, the best marking system every developed.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Well, i fought the marker all weekend trying to mark 22 gauge wire. Finally won, but it is slow and tedious to slip the heat shrink onto a brass rod, manually lift the spring and move the piece through.

Once i get done with this planes wire, no more 22 gauge, 20 gauge works fine in the marker and that is the smallest wire that i will use, screw the weight penalty
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Last night i finally finished marking the heagt shrink for 22 gauge wire

NEVER AGAIN

PIA, slow. I can mark a 15 foot wire in 2 minutes, the heat shrink for 22 gauge, 3/32, takes me 8 or 9 minutes for each wire
dust

Old 08-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Brought this from the back of the hanger, put it next to the air compressor, just about ready to start using it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WireMarker.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	4622  
dust