Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > PreBuild Planning and ACTIONS > Plane Day
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Cozy MK-IV 65% done

Smile From silent builders

Hello all from Daniel and Marc (Dan Marc) from Montréal.

We are now considering that we have enough experience(or perseverance) to call ourselves Cozy homebuilders after spending five (yes already 5 years of sticky, scratchy, swetty building time) in my garage every wednesday and saturday and sometimes sunday when the wives give us their blessing to do so ! We have now completed the chapters 1 to 8, 10,11,12,13,14( but not installed on the fuselage yet),16,17,19,20

We are currently working on the installation of the armrests from chapter 24 and to get as far as we can in the actual garage space we have. We have ordered the canopy from Todd Silver and will start very soon the chapter 18. It's not because we don't like to be active within the wonderful canard community group but we were a little shy to post on the forum. Lately I told Daniel it is time now to let the other guys that we are part of the gang and the foam, glass cloth and epoxy really looks like more than a Cozy MK IV than a pile of raw material. But we can tell you all that the forum and the different builders websites were very usefull to us and we found a lot of answers to our heads scratching questions. We do have the intention to build a Dan Marc website to show our project evolution now that it's looking more like an airplane ( we are now the curiosity of the whole neighbourhood since we have put all the parts together in the driveway for the official ''asphalt flying '' picture. We logged on the forum on a regular basis and we asked a couple of dum questions but we did received the answers we were looking for. The forum even allowed us to find Phillip Johnson ,a great builder from Ottawa we have already visited to see if our project was looking at least a little bit like his...This forum is great when you are building in silence !!!

Marc and Daniel

PS If I made some mistakes in my writting please accept my apologies.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Cozy With A Cause

Default Re: From silent builders

It's good to know there are others who build in silence. This is a great forum, and I, like many others, reference it on a daily basis. Continue the build, and by all means, get that website up and running so everyone can share in your excitement!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Starting chapter 14 !!!

So lets see some of those pictures!!!

Kraig
Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Great to hear from you again, I'll never forget meeting you two at Oshkosh, when I asked you, while we were both looking at a finished Cozy, what chapter are you on? and you kept replying, "we are building one"

as always - see below
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 07-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Marc View Post
PS If I made some mistakes in my writting please accept my apologies.
Your mastery of English far exceeds my feeble attempt to parles vous Francais. You are to be commended.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 AM
Cozy MK-IV 65% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
Your mastery of English far exceeds my feeble attempt to parles vous Francais. You are to be commended.
Many thanks for your kind words. I will certainly keep you all posted on our futur website so we can share the little things we did that we think may be of a certain interest. Canard community is not a question of language but more of sharing the same passion for a dream.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Cozy MK-IV 65% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Great to hear from you again, I'll never forget meeting you two at Oshkosh, when I asked you, while we were both looking at a finished Cozy, what chapter are you on? and you kept replying, "we are building one"

as always - see below
Dust, I am very happy that you remembered this first close encounter of one kind...we were still trying to figure out how we would build this thing.... especially in my case because I was far than convince that cloth and glue was the way to go but now it's another story! Hope to see you again in Oskosh!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:56 PM
N935CZ

Actually we prefer "Stealth Builders".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuselage Contour.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	3896  Click image for larger version

Name:	Wings with winglets.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	3897  Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre_fill parts.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	3898  
Old 07-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Got Foam?

Dang ....... another use for a Futon !!!!
We add rocket's to everything!