Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > PreBuild Planning and ACTIONS > Plane Day
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Rotary Powered Velocity

Default Re: Under its own power.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBarber View Post
I may try to see what I can get it up to on the morrow. Still concerned about the high idle, which I guess may be adding to the higer temps....if not the high idle and I could get it down in the high 100's it could idle on the ramp longer....but I suppose it is all part of the process.

Thanks.

All the best,

Chris
I posted my dissertation down in the rotary thread. Sorry if it causes some thread jumping.

Suggestions, since I will be at work tomorrow (extra/ot)

1) take those lil rubber plugs off and fill em with permatex grey and reinstall them on the 3 unused nipples on the mistral intake. I am still not sure they are sealed completely at this time. Let it set for an hour. (for others, there are 4 nipples that can be used to get air to the oil injection ports, since mistral utilizes oil injection for their engine - they are plugged in our install except for 1 that runs to the fuel pressure regulator)

2) put some washers on either side of the throttle cable on that threaded bolt and put a big squeeze on it. Loop the cable over the top so its getting grabbed in multiple places, and make sure you can fully close the throttle from inside. I don't think we can do this yet. Set the throttle lever in the cabin OFF the low end stop by 1/2 inch and mate THAT lever position with a closed throttle body, so that when the throttle lever is closed its not resting on the stop and possibly cracked open.

3) At idle we should be seeing manifold pressure values of close to 10. I think the lowest i've seen is 14 for us. Today it was 16, with a "closed" throttle. I am pretty sure we MUST have an air leak somewhere. Sealant on the threads of the manifold pressure lines is another possibility. They may have been pulled on today when we lifted the engine, since they were not disconnected. Also, please ensure again that the hoses inside the cabin are sealed and airtight.

If I can think of anything else, I will add it.
Dave
Old 07-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Rotary Powered Velocity

Default Re: Under its own power.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBarber View Post
Also, we are loosing some oil in the PSRU center spleen. Dave is much better at tech discriptions and will hopefully find the time to post about 'em.

Chris
Hey buddy.. your spleen is located on the left side of your abdomen. If its losing oil, then maybe you should see a doctor.

For everyone else, we are talking about the splined shaft that is the driveline from the engine to the PSRU.

And I promise I wont make fun of chris's spelling.. at least for the rest of the night.