Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Just plane canard talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Default Rough River 2009

Well, is this the 6th year bringing lunch? Think it is, dawgs, salads and LOTS OF CHILI this year.

Great that everyone now pays, it had put a crimp in my wallet the first three years.

This year I'll even be able to bring it
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Rough River 2009

Just bought a SS 40 quart pot to cook chili in, 80 bucks, now i have a pot for dawgs, a big propane burner, a pot for chili and a borrowed propane burner

Now we are cookin!
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Well, got the pot and in a day or two i am going to cook up 38 quarts of chili, that ought to go over well, we always run out cause it was originally meant to go on the dawgs.

Someone brought bowls a coupla years ago and since then it just disappears
dust

Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Well, last noght i browned 24 pounds of meat, 4 lbs of onion and 4 peppers, bagged it, tagged it and froze it.

Ready to put in the pot saturday morning for chili, all the groceries bought and doug and elana are bringing the pop and dawg buns

good to go
dust

Old 09-26-2009, 11:41 PM

can you mail me some chily...
Old 09-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Well, got up saturday morning 5:00 AM and put 2 pots of chili on, BIG POTS.

Cooked it for 6 hours, it was good chili. pondered not putting on all of it cause of the low turnout but figured that many might show up that morning.

Went through a little over half the chili and 125 of the 300 dawgs. People must have been more generous in their donations cause i collected 360. So my bowl of chili and 4 dawgs only cost me $170.00. Well, make that $130 cause i took 4 packs of dawgs home and i LOVE EM.

Money well spent, lots of happy campers talking it up and meeting each other, that is what the lunch is and always has been about.

Fortunately the extra food did not go to waste, the maintenance supervisor came over once again and took the salads, brought a 5 gallon clean pickle container for the chili, buns and some dawgs for his church sunday lunch the next day.

Not a bad thing to have the staff at the resort to think kind thoughts of us.
dust

Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 AM

sounds like it went well, sorry about the 130,(but you new it was a one way trip)@TVtrivea?
thanks from all of us mere mortales, its nice to have a big guy do all the work for a change

ps. will the big pots fit in your cozy ?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

the 130 is a nonevent, the ONLY reason I mention it is a coupla years ago a few accused me of making money on the lunch. Really f'n pissed me off.

So now i give an annual money report

Some of what i need will fit in the plane, not nearly all, somehow i'll have to figure out how to get the gear and the food to the event in future years when i fly in my bird
dust