Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Great Threads that can plane help builders, lurkers and fliers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Add yourself to a Canard map

I decided to take John literally when he said someone should make a map of Cozy builders. You can see it and add yourself here:

http://www.unc.edu/~gorczows/cozy.html

A few notes:

1. Internet Explorer users may have to close IE completely and reopen to see changes made to the map. IE seems to like caching the xml file that stores all the information. Firefox users should be okay.

2. Anyone using dialup will likely have to exhibit quite a bit of patience. It does not seem Google designed their maps for dialup connections.

3. Be careful about hitting the 'Refresh' button in your browser as the Google maps stuff continuously increases the browser's memory consumption (even the main maps.google.com seems to do this).

4. I got an email today about scheduled downtime for the servers on August 10 starting at 7:30 am and lasting "2-4 hours", but otherwise it should be pretty reliable.

Kevin
Old 08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

i show up - great idea - thanks
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world

Last edited by Dust : 08-04-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:49 PM

Hi Dust, you seem to have found a few holes in my design .

I'm not sure how you got around it, but a warning message should pop up if any of the required fields are blank. It seems you got a couple submitted without a name.

Also, the best way to enter the latitude/longitude is to click on the map. Otherwise, they should be entered as normal decimal numbers (39.1234). South latitudes and west longitudes are negative. I'll update the instructions on the site to reflect this.

Everyone who has tried entering their information up to now should currently be visible, except Dust.

I'd be curious if you got any warning message boxes Dust, and if not, what browser you're using. Anyway, thanks for being a good beta tester (nothing worse than testers saying "I can't find anything wrong").

Kevin