Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Forum Area Info and Rules > Forum Improvement Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default Why I've soured on the internet

Well, most would say i tired of the continual insults as i tried to learn about these planes, not true.

The real reason is that the information that I have learned off the internet DWARFS WHAT IS ON THE INTERNET and should be common knowledge.

The biggest example is the NACA scoop on the Cozy, if you follow the plans, you will have a crappy scoop, maybe it will work, maybe not.

The problem is the bottom of the scoop, following the plans you will have a drastic direction change at the landing gear cover and again at the landing gear cover to rear bottom. For a NACA scoop to work good the bottom MUST be flat or have a slight curve, no DRASTIC DIRECTION CHANGES.

Never read that until i wrote it a while back. Should be common knowledge.

The list goes on, my advice, well don't take my advice

Enjoy
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Why I've soured on the internet

you want real info - get off the internet and go to the real innovators, call them, chat with them.

Wanna bee plane designers hang out on the internet

A large group of "renowned" canardians stifle the flow of information on the internet and the real people tire of it and gave up.

PM me and I'll give you some pointers of who the real people are, but, i only know a few, they are in hiding.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 07-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Why I've soured on the internet

I visit the canardzone and the canardaviation forums occasionally to see if anything interesting is happening and unfortunately I see very little of interest.

Waiters new second first flight is.

The way the jet canard was bashed was not, the posters should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves. They know nothing of what is being done or why or who the people are and yet they bash away.

The internet is what it is, a place to keep the status quo and to stifle any learning.

it is a shame, but that is just the way that it is, keeps the real people in their workshops and not distributing information.
dust