Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > New Member Introductions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Hello from Charlotte

Just joioned and am contemplating a Q2/Q200. Have worked with a couple different people in the area with Cozy crafts. Worked on a few metal crafts (RV and Mustang), even made sawdust on a KR2 (fus.).

Have always liked the looks of the Quickie design and think I need to get off my butt! Almost went with a old once flying Dragonfly that my brother picked up - but it has been setting in the weather for the last 5 or 7 years and do not want to inherit someone elses flaws (will make enough on my own thank you...).

M.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Rich

Default Re: Hello from Charlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn6 View Post
Just joioned and am contemplating a Q2/Q200. Have worked with a couple different people in the area with Cozy crafts. Worked on a few metal crafts (RV and Mustang), even made sawdust on a KR2 (fus.).

Have always liked the looks of the Quickie design and think I need to get off my butt! Almost went with a old once flying Dragonfly that my brother picked up - but it has been setting in the weather for the last 5 or 7 years and do not want to inherit someone elses flaws (will make enough on my own thank you...).

M.
M.

the Dragonfly and the Q birds, although similar in appearance are really different creatures. I suggest that if this is the type of craft that you are looking for that you fly/fly in each to determine what fits your needs. there is an annual tandem wing fly-in in Kansas or MO coming up in October, I think-- Get to it and get a ride in each.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:44 PM

Well, if you get real interested in the Dragonfly drop me a note, my tech counselor has a flying Dfly that he bought (as well as Vari he built), I could put you in touch. He normally does the Dfly fly-in each year.

B
Old 08-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by argoldman View Post
M.

there is an annual tandem wing fly-in in Kansas or MO coming up in October, I think-- Get to it and get a ride in each.
Correction correction---- I believe that the Field of Dreams (FOD) as it is called is in late September this year.