Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > FLYING INFO AND STORIES > Flyins
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Default Foam Cutting at Rough River

Well, rick brought a little saw, he was off flyin so we used the spring loaded monster i brought!

It was scheduled for 3:00 and just a couple of people were standing around. We started cutting, the wire broke immediately, the crowd was bummed, i was glad.

Why glad, everyone thinks that this highly tensioned wire is going to damage someone when it brakes, you know, poke an eye out and well, it just brakes and falls down.

A non event.

I made no cuts, each cut was made by a new pair of cutters, they cut canard tops and shortened vert stabs. I think 10 to 12 cuts were made. As we just moved the templates down after each cut, not much foam was needed.

20+ people cut foam. One guy walked up to me afterwards and said he took the composite construction class and they had not cut foam.

Good stuff, fun was had by all. It was very informal, just a bunch standin around a picnic table watchin and cuttin foam. Took an hour and a half!

Lets do it again next year.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world