Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Safety
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default Safety Information

We need to accumulate data on what has happened to our planes - one place for all reports.

As anyone who follows my posts - I am extremely concerned with building a safe plane. Reading the post on the fuel cap safety device and reading all of the issues that the flier has had just brought to mind how important this is.

I know that all bolts should be torqued to proper specs - i have 5 torque wrenches to insure that i can and will do it.

I know that the exhaust should be safety wired to the plane to insure that if it fails it does not go into the prop.

I feel that the NG30's should be reinforced and have done it cause of the 2 problems i have heard of where they broke off.

We need a central point with all reports and the solutions that have been tried and proven worked. Or that have just been tried.

The wiki is the right place for this information. It is not connected with any forum or email list. It is there for all. We should not have to search out all the web sights to get the info.

Now i need to study the nose gear and make sure i do not have the problems he had!
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 01-10-2008, 01:11 PM
G.Norman

Default Re: Safety Information

Quote:
Now i need to study the nose gear and make sure i do not have the problems he had!
who he?

Nose gear breakage in pot holes, etc?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Safety Information

Jannie Versfeld
http://www.cozysa.estart.org.za/incidents.htm
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world