Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Just plane stupid comments and conversations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2008, 10:20 PM

Default Just not the same

I am so disappointed with the forum split... It used to be so exciting to log on each night and read the new post and commentary. Now that there are two forums it just isn't the same. This forum and the other just don't have the same family feel any longer. There have actually been days with nothing new posted.

Anyway this is just my 2 cents.

Erick
Old 02-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Just not the same

Well, I can make it the same - simple to do - done it twice now, the zone and the previous one. I figured the other two had plenty of talk, no need for a third.

I was using this one as a weblog for those interested in what i am doing and to explain the real info i learn off the internet (read and understand the thread on the cone of silence and you will learn more than i did in 5 years of the prior two forums), where most real info is firmly lodged.

You want it back, just say yes, but this time I will accept NO bad behavior

getting an active forum is simple
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 02-21-2008, 09:34 AM

I don't need it to be exactly like before I only hope that as time passes more and more people will come on board. I seems as though new cozy builders or at least new members are going the way of the Dodo bird.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

First of all - the old days where a number of members continually attacked the person instead of the idea will never come back - i won't let em - the delete post button and the ban for a number of days button works just fine.

If we want to make the forum active again - it is easy and we can start today.

I will not edit a post - just plane ole delete em
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 02-21-2008, 09:51 AM

Curious as to how you would start today?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Same as i did the last two times, it is a simple process

Talk and they will talk back

I have not stopped learning and thinking aviation and cozy, just don't write about it so much any more
dust

Old 02-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Eric - i been lookin at the other forums a coupla times the last coupla days - they look fine, looks like all the chatter you could ask for!
dust

Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 PM

Dust,

yeah it looks like everyone is still out in cyper space just spread thinner then before.

I am happy with the way things are
Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM
G.Norman

Eric,
You're correct. It has become a bit dry since last fall. You notice, still, the stigma on any of these forums is there are more non-builders or non-flyers chatting than builders/flyers. Look in the archives, newsletters, email or call specific knowlegeable people and you'll surely get what you're looking for. There are many who've been there, done that, who simply don't go on a forum anymore or who have never been. So, grin and take it lightly. Anyone losing potential future friends and flyers when you've never met the person is really missing out. They are so not what you think they are here.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

and to tell you the truth, i likes it much better - no more bickering and arguing. just real and balanced info. heh heh heh

get to building - i am and it be funnnnnn - dream your build, build your dream
dust