Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Just plane stupid comments and conversations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default Rough River meeting

I was at the end of the BBQ at oshkosh - did not meet everybody and did not get to chat with those that i met, fort any where near long enough

MT - lets do lunch grill on Saturday, sounds like a plan. i will be one of two mikes that i know of at RR with a cowboy hat on, you see the HAT, c'mon over and say - hi mike, then saydust and then your handle. I feel like you are all my good buddies, don't have the slightest idea what yous looks like and sorry, your name to me is your handle, so you can just go ahead and call me dust.

lets ALL meet. I'll bring 15 lbs of Italian sausage to burn and ?? something else, sounds like a plan

i really want to meet all of yous
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-14-2005, 10:04 AM

Things are starting to look positive again for me and RR. I can bring the ol' converted sea mine grill... but you may want a back up plan just in case I get pulled at the last minute.

Dust, are you flying in with Nick the Greek in the V-tail Bonanza? John, how are you looking for RR now?
Old 09-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

i'm driving with mplafleur. nick may show up but he has a wedding on sunday and is not yet IFR rated
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-14-2005, 10:59 AM

Hi Mike, remember me? I'm your english teacher from the fourth grade . . . Sister Mary Elephant . . . I read you post . . . we gotta talk. I'll look for the cowboy hat @ RR .

HiGeez
Old 09-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
John, how are you looking for RR now?
I'm still hopeful. Working my butt off to make it happen. I expect to prime the whole plane in the next 2 or 3 days. Then it has to sit and cure for 5 days before I can put the gloss on, then a few days for that to cure before I can add the trim paint, then a few more days cure before I want to bump the parts around. One day or two should get the parts back on. I may forgo the prop change until after RR. Then again, I may get it done during the cure. I need to make a bracket to support the brushes for the adjust motor. I'd also like to get my new nav stuff installed during the cure phase....

... lots to do, but here I am sitting at the keyboard
Anyway, If ALL goes well we'll be departing here Friday evening around 5pm and will land at dusk, hopefully somewhere in GA, then finish the trip to RR in the morning. There's no runway lights at RR - right?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

from RR flyin site

Quote:
"The airport identifier is 2I3 (Two India Three) and the airport is located at Falls of Rough, Kentucky. The runways are 2-20, 3200 feet, lighted, no instrument approaches."
Airport: ROUGH RIVER STATE PARK, USA (KENTUCKY)
Coordinates: 37° 36' 35.1980" N 86° 30' 24.9310" W (37.60977722, -86.50692528) - Estimated
Elevation: 577' MSL - Surveyed
Variation: 01W (1985)
Sectional: ST LOUIS
IFR Enroute: H-10, H-5, L-21
THE FACILITY

Use: Open to the public
Attended:
Season Days Hours
ALL ALL ALL
ARTCC: INDIANAPOLIS
FSS: LOUISVILLE (1-800-WX-BRIEF)
NOTAMs Facility: LOU (with NOTAM-D service)
Owner (Public):
KY DEPT OF PARKS
CAPITAL PLAZA TOWER
FRANKFORT, KY 40601
270-564-2172 Manager: CHUCK TEMPFER
ROUGH RIVER STATE PARK
FALLS OF ROUGH, KY 40119
270-257-2311
Landing Fee: No
Control Tower: No
Lighting Schedule: DUSK-DAWN
Beacon: Clear-Green (Lighted Land Airport)
Segmented Circle: Yes

http://map.aeroplanner.com/mapping/c...cfm?A=7&id=2I3

lighted
dust

Old 09-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Hmmmm. Maybe I'd better do some night work and get my currency up.....
Old 09-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

or you can take burts advice - fly during the day

either way - hope to see ya there
dust

Old 09-14-2005, 01:25 PM
G.Norman

John,

Driving is nothing to be embarrased about.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

I used to prefer night flying in my Cherokee, at least on the East coast where there are lots of airports. You can see the green beacons of all the nearby airfields. Often there were 3 or 4 in sight at any one time. I guess it's different in TN and KY.

Quote:
Driving is nothing to be embarrased about.
True.... but I aint gonna do it. 2000 miles driving for 24 hrs camping. I don't think so.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

I just figured it out - I'm a little slow - you all knew i had the dam cowboy hat on and that is why, where ever i moved to, there was a crowd on the other-side of the hanger.

dust

Old 09-14-2005, 02:24 PM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Slade
There's no runway lights at RR - right?
John, its a real small strip in broad daylight, lighted or not there is not much around in the evening, it also slopes downhill, save it for the morning.
...Chrissi

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 09-14-2005, 03:29 PM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Default Lovac Demo

RR is coming up in a couple of weeks, is anyone interested in a demo of the Lovac technique (that did not make it to Oshkosh) ? If so, please chime in and we will see if we can commandeer someone's cabin for the demo...takes about 30 min.
...Chrissi

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 09-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
save it for the morning
Yes, I'll probably do that.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:37 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Slade
I used to prefer night flying in my Cherokee, at least on the East coast where there are lots of airports. You can see the green beacons of all the nearby airfields. Often there were 3 or 4 in sight at any one time. I guess it's different in TN and KY.
I'm not sure about Kentucky, but in the middle Tennessee area there are plenty of airports... above Nashville at night at any given time you have atleast 2 in sight in almost any direction. John C Tune (JWN), Nashville Intl (BNA), Murfreesboro (MBT), Columbia/Maury County (MRC), Lebanon (M54), Dickson (M02) all within about a 40 mile radius of Smyrna (MQY) and those are just the ones I can remember... Tune, Smyrna and Nashville are so close together it is easy to head to the wrong one if you are not paying a lot of attention.

Annnnyways.... you wouldn't want to make a stop in Nashville to let me hitch a ride, would you John?