Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Just plane stupid comments and conversations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2005, 08:56 AM

Do we need CAF name tags? I want to know who is whom at RR.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:09 AM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleTurtle
Do we need CAF name tags? I want to know who is whom at RR.
I guess some people could wear their EAA chapter name tages, then we'd know who & where. Randi will be easy to spot, the blond skinny girl with the picture book and the crowd.
...Chrissi

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 09-20-2005, 12:48 PM

Anyone want an expired (Dec 2004) but un-opened gallon of MGS 285, 1 can slow, and 1 can fast hardener? Okay... no MGS doesn't really expire according to someone here and yes I can bring it to RR. Half priced from new, whatever that is now. Or you can fill up my truck at RR. You would come out ahead just buying it unless gas prices profoundly reduce.

Battle lines have been drawn and... well... I lost the house. It looks like I've been relegated to the back 1/2 acre. I started a campaign to out flank the lil lady until I realized what I really want is a 24X48 workshop/garage/loft ala the Michigan plane building factory. Wouldn't hurt to have a spare place to sleep when ol' Crooked Tounge is on the warpath.

Proceeds from the farm should pay for shangri-MT. That is, if I can ever sell the farm. Anybody wanna buy a horse?

Anyhow, by my calculations, that puts ch.4 about another 2 years out... and I need gas money now! Any takers? And no fake certified checks over and above the amount of the total where I pay you the difference Dust! I'm on to you...
Old 09-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

sold - mmmm - too few letters in sold to post - i'll buy
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-20-2005, 02:27 PM

okay (five letter minimum?)
Old 09-20-2005, 05:42 PM
G.Norman

Quote:
in my book - always do a good layup, no slop allowed. I don't find the need to stipple.
Mike, nothing like staying on topic. heheh

Quote:
MT - lets do lunch grill on Saturday, sounds like a plan. i will be one of two mikes that i know of at RR with a cowboy hat on, you see the HAT, c'mon over and say - hi mike, then saydust and then your handle. I feel like you are all my good buddies, don't have the slightest idea what yous looks like and sorry, your name to me is your handle, so you can just go ahead and call me dust.
lets ALL meet. I'll bring 15 lbs of Italian sausage to burn and ?? something else, sounds like a plan
i really want to meet all of yous
Let's say starting around 10:00 ? I'll get the buns n'stuff. Let's say you give a buck or two, you get a name tag with "dual name" spaces (I could hardly fit one at my OSH name tag). Anyone remember where the nearest grill to the runway was? The money pays off the buns, dogs, etc. The rest goes to Nathan to take back to one of his selected parishes in LA.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:21 PM

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to it. Lets start a list Monday on who is bringing what.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

just talked to RR - complete fire ban at the park - am tying to get a permit for a BBQ
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-22-2005, 02:08 AM

Exclamation Lovac Demo

Cozy Crazies,
Here's the deal, We will be there in time for breakfast saturday morning (wanting to eat in town rather than Lodge Barffet but its antisocial)
I need to take off at 2pm to visit friends in Louisville and won't be back till after 5pm, probably 6. I really need this Cozy for this sort of thing!
So either Randi does the demo solo (she does NOT want to do it without me) or it happens before 1 pm or in someone's cabin after 6 pm.
We will be leaving after breakfast on Sunday.
Lets coordinate so please have your secretary call my secretary and we can do it over lunch maybe?, Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 09-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Starting chapter 14 !!!

Chrissi,

I will plan on being there either time, I am just glad that its on for Saturday.

Kraig

PS, Does dust have that "will do about anything for a ride " list yet?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Cozy MKIV #1417

Wink Rough River

My name is Gordon Davis, a “NEWBY” I live in Lexington, KY, and I’m currently in the preliminary stages of starting a Cozy IV project. I have been sitting in the shadows and reading this forum since I returned from Oshkosh this summer. I must admit that I have been a bit shy to introduce myself to the group and little intimidated to post any entries. However, reading the forum regularly and traveling to websites, I feel I personally know many of you, such as DUST, John Slade, Jerry Schneider and of course Cozy Girrrl.

As I said earlier I’m in the preliminary stages of my building project. The first big hurdle I have to cross is where to build the Cozy. I have a single Car garage, and that is where my wife parks her car. So you can see kicking her out of the garage would not do much for the project. I’m considering building a temporary shelter like the one Jerry Schneider constructed for his Cozy Factory. Something else I need to do is to purchase my Cozy plans. I have not done that yet. However, I have a strategy here, I have asked my wife to get them for me for Christmas. This way there might be some “Buy In” on her part concerning this project. I’m hoping Santa will be good to me. If not I will buy them myself.

My wife and I will be attending Rough River on Saturday only. We live only 2 hours from RR. I'm excited about the possibility of meeting many of you and meeting other Canard builders and flyers.

Building a Canard is something I have dreamed about and have wanted to do for many years now and the years are starting to get away from me. Coming back from Oshkosh I decided, "I CAN DO THIS". I have been doing a lot of research and selling my wife on the idea. My wife has agreed to the project; however she is not jumping for joy and excitement like I am. She is tolerating it. I'm hoping, once she sees all the beautiful airplanes at Rough River and meets some of the folks flying and building them, that some excitement for the project will be birthed.

Can’t wait to meet all of you at Rough River.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
just talked to RR - complete fire ban at the park - am tying to get a permit for a BBQ :
If they deny the BBQ grill, I can bring the coleman stove and a few cylinders of propane so we can cook the dogs from the pick up bed in the parking lot. Let me know.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordodavis
Can’t wait to meet all of you at Rough River.
I'm in the cowboy hat - i also got my plans for christmas and can't wait to meet everyone also

and would you do us the pleasure of being a good newbie and ask all those questions that a good newbie does - have not had a good newbie in ages. just us builders and a few flyers arguing lately.
dust

Old 09-22-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Anytime any Place!

Hey Girrlz, just name the place and time and I will be there.

I will be camping, so can't offer my cabin, but I can bring a pretty bright lantern!

Hope to see the demo there.

Later.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:00 PM

Default RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Crazies....
The cabins have BBQ grills out front.
Gordon, welcome, as someone replied when we asked the same questions as you "do you know which is the operating end of a screwdriver?" "OK, you are qualified."..seriously it is that easy. Just start at the beginning and stick to the plans =) and don't do anything we have done.
Oh, and its CozyGirrrls.... two of us, Randi just has the good sense to stay off the internet.
Somebody please bug Wayne into coming...please?
...Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo