Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2005, 10:35 PM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

Default Mark IV pre built wingz- sparz

Anybody -can you tell me about built wings and spar and parts made by Fitzgerald Composites from North of chicago for the Cozy mark IV? How was the quality? Were they laid up in a standard per plans type fashion? etc. etc. Thanks, Den
Old 11-19-2005, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Passey
Anybody -can you tell me about built wings and spar and parts made by Fitzgerald Composites from North of chicago for the Cozy mark IV? How was the quality? Were they laid up in a standard per plans type fashion? etc. etc. Thanks, Den
Contact me offline for information on this vendor. Or check the COZY archives from the 1995-1998 timeframe, I think.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Future Cozy Driver

Cozy newsletter #35 direct web link

Not exactly glowing praise.

I still might drive up and see them for some precut Long-EZ wing cores (they're not terribly far away from me), but after I read this I'll probably give my money to Featherlite instead and bite the bullet for shipping.

-dave
Old 11-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

The wings are terrible easy to cut - i would not pay good money to have them done - we cut the cores for 4 Wings in one short day
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 11-20-2005, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaton
Not exactly glowing praise.
I'd say it's a little less than that... Given the information supplied in that newsletter, I'd be staying away.
I'd go with Dust, do it yourself and you know what you've got.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

there is a big difference in time savings between buying completed wings and cut foam cores - wings are a 7 step process and cores are a quick 1 step
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 11-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Ray V.

One thing I did to save myself time on the canard was to purchase pre-built spar from Aerocad. It’s laid up in a mold, so it’s perfectly straight. So all that time jigging and straightening are saved.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:17 PM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

Default info fitzgerald help

Thanks people, These are finished wings and that is the only reason I was looking at them- cuz after cutting the canard cores- ted and I found out hot wiring is not a tough go.
So... I hear of these ready for slurry wings by Fitzpritz for 5,000. smackeroos matched spar for 1k and the pics emailed to me dont look bad[but it's whats inside that counts] and after the input from the collective borg- I will be staying away from the unknown quantity that these wings represent,thankyou.
I dont want to be in some rough air and have my wings fold up like Icarius.
Thats an idea Rutanfan, about a aerocanard spar. thankkz to all.