Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Back to square one

These chairs are not warranted for their deep stall performance, and care should be taken, especially when loaded at aft CG and at high AOA. DO NOT USE THE CANARD CAMP CHAIR FOR ACROBATICS!

Oh yeah, the Long EZ and possibly the Vari-Eze should be posted later tonight.

-- Len
-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283
Do you need a customized Flightline Chair?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:07 PM

You could always placard the chairs with our basic "passenger warning". Seriously though, nice looking chairs! I think you have a hit on your hands.
Wayne Hicks, Cozy Plans #678
http://www.maddyhome.com/canardpages...cks/index.html
Old 12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Hicks
Was said--> I have no opinion about lower winglets on actual planes, but they can easily be removed from the embroidery...."

-----> Good god, man! Don't do it! You'll lose aft CG margin and someone will tumble over backwards in the chair!!

Waiit.... I thought it was that you would enter a deep stall and your ass would find the ground with approx 10 degrees leg high attitude?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:49 PM

LOL... no wait! I have a new question my wife can ask me... do these pants give me an aft CofG?

Okay... no more eggnog.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:57 PM
G.Norman

Better add EXPERIMENTAL in a visable place or the FAA is not going to let you fly them at Rough River.

Remember - no Canard Camp Chair -o-batics next year either.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:03 AM
G.Norman

I see epoxy and glass support money in the future for you. Get it out there! I'll get a hat any time you're ready. In two years I want pod bags and embroidered seats! Get yourself a website going and get yourself on Mark's approved supplier list. Good start Lev!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Back to square one

OK, I'm about half done with the Long EZ, so I didn't get to post it last night. Studying for a final exam got in the way. I'll be less bold now, and say that I may have the Long EZ and Vari-Eze out tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, I have to make a website for this stuff. That's my first order of business after my final tomorrow. We'll see about the epoxy and glass money. I have a feeling that they'll sell better when we get some sit-outside weather and I get a broader range of designs to choose from.

-- Len
Old 12-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Back to square one

OK, I finished up the Long EZ this evening. The Vari-Eze is about half done, and should be finished tomorrow. There is still time to order one or more of these for Christmas delivery.

-- Len

Last edited by levansic : 12-22-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Back to square one

For those people wandering over here from the Velocity list, welcome! Please take a few seconds to kick the tires and register with the forum. This place is open to all canardians, and registration will allow you to send me a Private Message (PM) if you want to order chairs.

Sadly, Christmas delivery is no longer possible, but there's still time for Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years, and Orthodox Christmas!

The VariEze should finally be done and posted this evening. As some of you who have been following the "Financing Your Project" thread know, we've been busy trying to lay the ground work for a web site, and current pricing will probably change at that point. Also, we will be offering other embroidered items (hats, shirts, jackets, etc.) which can be customized with your plane.

-- Len

Last edited by levansic : 12-21-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levansic
Sadly, Christmas delivery is no longer possible, but there's still time for Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years, and Orthodox Christmas!
Tight Schedule - Hanukkah is the night of the 25th, and Kwanzaa is the 26th :-).
Old 12-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Back to square one

Hanukkah begins on December 25, and is eight days and eight nights. I can still deliver in that time frame. Likewise, I can still get delivery for Kwanzaa for the eastern half of the US (western half for obscene shipping rates). Or, if you don't have any affinity for any creed, there's always Festivus delivery (the Flight Line Chair should not be substituted for an aluminum pole for "Feats of Strength").

-- Len

<Edit: Marc, I stand corrected, was taught in non-Hebrew public school >

Last edited by levansic : 12-21-2005 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Doh!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Hanukkah begins on December 25, and is seven days and seven nights. I can still deliver in that time frame.
Ummm, unless they changed something since I got out of Hebrew school, it's 8 days and nights :-).

Quote:
Or, if you don't have any affinity for any creed, there's always Festivus delivery (the Flight Line Chair should not be substituted for an aluminum pole for "Feats of Strength").
A "Festivus" chair..... I'll have to think about that - if I get a Kramer inflatable doll - no - scratch that - an Elaine doll to put in it, I might consider it.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Back to square one

After a much-too-long wait, I finally finished the VariEze design. Between extended family visits and the ensuing extended family flu, we've been delayed in finishing new designs. Our first cut of a website will be launched next week, so expect a link shortly.

We do try to make designs that people want, and Mike (Fearless) alluded to a customization in the "What airplane stuff did you get for Christmas?" thread. Apologies to Chrissi and Randi for not giving a heads-up in advance, but the Cozy Girrrls Strakes are a popular mod for current builders, and we've added this mod to the Cozy Mark IV design.

In the new design pipeline are the Velocity 173, the Velocity XL in a different position, and our first non-canard planes. Of course, any firm interest in any design mentioned or not, will jump to the front of the queue.

-- Len

Old 12-30-2005, 01:52 AM

Question

Just a thought, of course, after I placed my order, but since these chairs are so personal and specific, have you considered placing a persons names on the chair. Such as "Chris" for me and "Jana" for my S/O.....perhaps in a script to separate it from the plane block lettering. I don't know how much trouble it would be or if there is room for such graphics.

Jana has already started to think of additional products for you. She is wanting the same image that is on the chairs on a pop up shelter tent to use to sit under at airshows.....in the chairs of course....perhaps a flag type sheet, scaled a bit larger, would be better and easier and then just velcro it to a pop up shelter.

BTW, have you gotten any response from the post to the Velocity mail list?

All the best,

Chris
Old 12-30-2005, 04:48 AM
Back to square one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBarber
Just a thought, of course, after I placed my order, but since these chairs are so personal and specific, have you considered placing a persons names on the chair. Such as "Chris" for me and "Jana" for my S/O.....perhaps in a script to separate it from the plane block lettering. I don't know how much trouble it would be or if there is room for such graphics.
I had that same thought a while ago, but the chairs we are using now don't have enough area to fit that in. We're trying to find a similar cordura material to embroider so that personal names could be added to the padded portion at the top of the chair back. The big issue here is that these chairs are padded, and we would have to cut them apart and re-sew them back together to embroider this area. If we find a close-enough match for the cloth, we could stitch these on or use velcro to attach.
Quote:
Jana has already started to think of additional products for you. She is wanting the same image that is on the chairs on a pop up shelter tent to use to sit under at airshows.....in the chairs of course....perhaps a flag type sheet, scaled a bit larger, would be better and easier and then just velcro it to a pop up shelter.
That's a great thought! For going larger, it becomes a little easier to applique the design, rather than embroider. This could be used for banners or flags.
Quote:
BTW, have you gotten any response from the post to the Velocity mail list?
Unfortunately, no. I did notice increased traffic and registrations to the forum, coinciding with your post. At the same time, I launched this a bit late in the Christmas buying season, and most of the readership here is quite a few months away from fly-in weather. We'll see how it goes once the website is up and the weather warms.

-- Len