Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Back to square one

Default FlightlineChairs.com

We're starting to hit our stride with the ramp-up of FlightlineChairs.com, so I felt it necessary to start this new thread. First, I should take this opportunity to thank all of our current customers for believing in us enough to give us some business, as we wouldn't be pushing forward without your support. We've had many helpful suggestions, and are working behind the scenes to provide more products and more designs.

Today, we're transitioning to a new layout for plane designs, and showing our newest designs, the Lancair PropJet and IV/IV-P. With the new layout, we'll be able to better organize the planes by designer or kit-maker. The site design transition will be throughout the day, but the new designs are online now.

Today, we've sent in our registration and check to Airventure 2006. Right now, we have no idea where our booth will be, but the helpful registration folks seem to think we will definitely have a spot, somewhere. Our planned spot will feature a large tent, which will be perfect for informal gatherings. We'll have plenty of seating available. Depending on the location, we will probably not be allowed to have cookouts until after 6:00 p.m., but we plan on having at least one during the week.

This brings me to the last portion of this update. Being new in business, we are now dealing with new-business issues. Unfortunately the cost of doing business has gone up for us, and as such, we will have to raise the prices on many of our products. We will keep our current prices constant until February 1, where there will be an increase on most prices.

With the price changes, the Forum Discount will now have some new rules. As before, the discount will only apply to the Flying Ace chair, and will remain at $15 off of the listed price. Think of this as free shipping, but only for this chair, and only with bag customization. We have started to advertise, so now I cannot assume that customers are coming from this forum or the Canard Zone, which also gets the discount. From today on, you need to mention the name of the forum in your order e-mail to get the discount.

http://flightlinechairs.com

-- Len
-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283
Do you need a customized Flightline Chair?
Old 01-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Looks good, Len.

I figured the prices would have to go up. That's why I got in early.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:53 PM

How about a polo shirt with the retract Cozy design and instead of the N number, have Canard Aviation Forum?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Back to square one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleTurtle
How about a polo shirt with the retract Cozy design and instead of the N number, have Canard Aviation Forum?
With permission of the forum owners/operators, sure. We'll make anything as long as someone wants it.

-- Len
-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283
Do you need a customized Flightline Chair?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
Excellent idea. A good way to identify people at gatherings. Maybe put the name, or member name on there too.
But... the image should represent the majority of birds - which is fixed gear.
You have our permission. I speak for Dust on such matters.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:17 AM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Slade
Excellent idea. A good way to identify people at gatherings. Maybe put the name, or member name on there too.
But... the image should represent the majority of birds - which is fixed gear.
You have our permission. I speak for Dust on such matters.
I'd like forum name AND N number.

And the bird should be how the customer wants. I don't want no stink'n fixed gear on mine.
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 01-25-2006, 08:11 AM

No offense... but the fixed gear looks like a cancerous growth.

How about CAF and then the member name underneath?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:46 AM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleTurtle
No offense... but the fixed gear looks like a cancerous growth.
a duck with hemorroids?

oops, how do I send that anonamosly?

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 01-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Cozy #768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Girrrl
a duck with hemorroids?

oops, how do I send that anonamosly?
You can't. I now know who you are. Prepare.

Better that than a double amputee...
Cozy Plans #768
http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip
Old 01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

I prefer [think of this in a snooty british accent] to think of the stock appearing Mark IV in the Male vernacular hanging its "dangley bits" down in back as it darts through the sky!
Hows that for GEAR ENVY.
You retractable gents and lasses are flyin NEUTERED BIRDS.[If you can in fact neuter a bird..hmmm?]
I think some graceful wheelpants are required attire for the stock gear otherwise they DO look goofy. OTOH retracts ONLY look sexy when they are retracted-..and then... those flying them cant see them anyway..and niether can anybody else unless they are in a chase plane. Retracts look GOOFY and spindley/fragile when you are looking at them on the ground... so as for appearance- more than two sides to this coin.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Plans #1427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Passey
OTOH retracts ONLY look sexy when they are retracted-..and then... those flying them cant see them anyway..and niether can anybody else unless they are in a chase plane. Retracts look GOOFY and spindley/fragile when you are looking at them on the ground... so as for appearance- more than two sides to this coin.
Since these are strictly opinions, I'll throw in mine. I disagree with your statement 100%. Not only do retracts look better in the air, they also, in my opinion, look WAY cooler on the ground too.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:57 AM

They are called gear LEGS not gear gonads! If you want a true boy dog plane then install the P-51 style scoop like Buley did instead of the NACA style air intake.

As for appearance on the ground... the retracts from Infinity look much more rubust than the spindly bow legged fixed gear... no offense.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:06 AM

As for the GEAR GONADS pithy remark..Well..it just depends on how big yur Nads are...and if well equiped, then they would dangle along below/behind you at 200+ MPH!!
Thus said, I can understand why the Girrrlz went with retracts- so as to not confuse the Girrrls plane with the boyz planes.
Since the poll has it that fixed gear and retract addicts are about 50/50. I figured my opinion would be challenged.
Flame suit on!

My toungue is planted firmly in cheek.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:22 AM

And for the record, I HAVE thought of installing a P-51 style shallow scoop.. Now with all of that and my football shaped wheelpants [nads] a-flyin along... according to Marble my plane is definatly defined as a boy dog.

Back to Lens dicussion of the Canard Aviation forum shirts.
How are you seein this Len? It would seem difficult to do all the shirts for CAF custom too?
By the way- I want to get my chair oder in-
I vote for using your 1st name and your N number below whatever version[male or neutered ]bird you decide on for the CAF shirtz.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:29 AM

One last thing. Just for the record, the Girrrlz plane although not seemingly male from the last verbage- will undoubtable blow most of the male birdz out of the sky...but thats usually what girls do to us anyway.... just now its a plane thing this time around.