Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Back to square one

Sorry, Mark. I should have included the at the end of that. I know you are building a Cozy, and was referring more to the adherents to the RV's and Bonanza's ().

We hit a snag this week when my laptop got prematurely decapitated, and then less than two days later, Dani's laptop met the same fate. With our business relying on these computers, the additional designs did not get done. Well, we had been planning on upgrading Dani's this spring already, but hadn't planned on needing to replace both at the same time. The upside (how I'm looking at it) is that we did replace them and should be able to get more designs done in less time (hopefully).

On another note, I was asked to make a comment about trying to keep this thread G-rated, and to remind that we have a children's section on our site. Knowing our community, I'm hoping to get back to PG-13.

-- Len
-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283
Do you need a customized Flightline Chair?
Old 04-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Cozy MkIV #1348

Sorry to hear about your computers Len. I couldn't find the origin of the thread regarding the trials of commercial air travel, and didn't know the story. Since you have a business now, I would recommend you talk to your insurance agent and add coverage for your computers that includes coverage when traveling. I added it a long time ago, and it is not very expensive. The real purpose of having it is that in 15 years, I've never used it. If I didn't have it, my laptop would have been destroyed on the 2nd or 3rd trip.....

Also don't worry about 'offending' me. That is an extraordinarily difficult thing to do, and I was really just taking to opportunity to talk about my new toy . Of course, I've been in town 2 days since I got it back, so it still sits in the trailer, in the hangar. At least it's been well protected from all the storms going through the area recently.

Mark
Old 05-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Back to square one

I can't believe that it's been over a month since I last posted on this thread. We're just about to roll out an update on our site, as we have lots of news.

First off, we now can accept credit cards! We now accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. From today forward, we will no longer be accepting PayPal as a method of payment. We have had problems with PayPal's reliability, and now that we accept credit cards, it no longer makes sense for us to use this service. Personal checks and money orders will still be accepted without any surcharge.

Some new products and designs have been added to the site as well. Of interest to canard builders is a new Defiant design. While not a canard, the composite Glassair III has been added, also. MSires's custom painted Avid has been added to the custom paint job page. There are some really neat new chairs that Danielle has been working on, but I'll let her comment on them a little later tonight.

UPS has raised their rates, and right now, we are charging less for shipping and handling than it is costing us to ship. As of May 31, our shipping and handling rates will go up. The forum discount on the Flying Ace chair will remain at $15.

Sometime around 8:30 p.m. EDT, the site should be updated (hopefully) to reflect all of this.

-- Len

Last edited by levansic : 06-04-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Back to square one

I almost forgot!

Yesterday, the Kitplanes with our first ad, hit the news stands. The ad is on page 70 in the middle row. Now would be a great time to order for near term or Oshkosh delivery, before the wider Kitplanes readership picks up on this.

-- Len
Old 05-24-2006, 12:26 PM
GIB

As Len hinted, I have an Oshkosh special for CAF members:

Custom embroidered metal lawn chairs. They can support up to 220 pounds and come in blue, chartreuse green, and tangerine orange. Because they are not folding and not exceptionally packable, I am offering them only for pick-up at Oshkosh - I guess a good deal for the drivers, but only if you have lots of room for those who fly.

I'm selling these for $50 apiece (includes full sized embroidery) and am happy to answer any questions you may have.

-D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	patio_chair.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	677.6 KB
ID:	2364  Click image for larger version

Name:	patio_chair_2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	392.9 KB
ID:	2365  
Old 06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Back to square one

Our subscribed copy of Kitplanes arrived through the mail yesterday. As luck would have it, we were out of town for the weekend, and our cats decided to have a party on our server some time on Friday evening. This took down the FlightlineChairs.com site at the critical time when most of the American subscribers of Kitplanes would be seeing our ad for the first time. A note of caution to others thinking of launching a web-based business to support their hobby, make sure that you have redundancy and a pet-proof location for your servers.

After some policy discussions with the better half, we voted to eliminate the credit card surcharge. It was pointed out to us that there were semantic gymnastics that had to be followed to do this practice, and in the end, we felt that it was much more hassle to everyone than it was worth. I've edited the previous post to remove mention of it before it was implemented. So moral of the story is, give us your business and use credit cards, you won't be charged extra for it. As Dani says, "We are recieving the benefit of being able to accept credit cards, therefore it is worth the charge that our business will pay to do so."

-- Len
Old 06-06-2006, 12:01 AM
A builder at last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levansic
our cats decided to have a party on our server

I hate cats!!!

OK, I'll take that back. I like cats....

...in the crosshairs of a deadly accurate rifle scope!

[These are my opinions and not necessarily that of the staff and management]
Celebrating four years of NOT building.

You are buildin a dam airplane from scratch and you do not know what you are doin!!!! - Dust

-Inspired by Burt, designed by Nat, built by me. (Hopefully)

www.Cozy1200.com - just pics and misc ramblings
Old 06-06-2006, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levansic
Our subscribed copy of Kitplanes arrived through the mail yesterday. As luck would have it, we were out of town for the weekend, and our cats decided to have a party on our server some time on Friday evening. This took down the FlightlineChairs.com site at the critical time when most of the American subscribers of Kitplanes would be seeing our ad for the first time. A note of caution to others thinking of launching a web-based business to support their hobby, make sure that you have redundancy and a pet-proof location for your servers.
-- Len
Len,

I'd encourage you to consider a professional hosting service like ICD Soft, not only are they pretty affordable ($65 a year with a domain name registration), but it provides redundancy, online backup and protects your equipment from hackers, etc. It also provides email addresses, mailing list services, online databases, etc. THere are others, but this is the one I use for my site, and I think they're great. Just something to consider.

Brett
Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 AM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

Drew- I L I K E Cats....
Old 06-06-2006, 04:01 PM
w/ Spinner and Paddlefoot

Smile Me Ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Passey
Drew- I L I K E Cats....
I like Cats too, they taste like.....chicken!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Falcon

I miss my cat.

I really have to work on breathing, sight picture, and a slow steady squeeze on the trigger.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:08 PM
G.Norman

Quote:
I really have to work on breathing, sight picture, and a slow steady squeeze on the trigger.
I have to laugh at this Macho crap I've heard for years about cats. Not sure wher it come from but I don't ever remember stepping on a big pile of cat crap on my front lawn or persistent barking all night (and day) long from a cat either. Not to mention a cat coming across the street to bite your leg. Now ask me about how much I like small PIA dogs.

Uh, what's this thread about again? Oh yeah, flightlinechairs.com
Old 06-06-2006, 11:13 PM
A builder at last.

I think I started this.

We can an smilie face opening a can of worms?
Celebrating four years of NOT building.

You are buildin a dam airplane from scratch and you do not know what you are doin!!!! - Dust

-Inspired by Burt, designed by Nat, built by me. (Hopefully)

www.Cozy1200.com - just pics and misc ramblings
Old 06-07-2006, 12:34 AM

Exclamation

Dog is my co-pilot.

Got 3, love 'em all. The are kinda "kids light". I never mind leaving 'em with my mom....or, for that matter by themselves overnight. ( think I could get into trouble if'n I did that with a 7 year old kid ). Jana shows, grooms and breeds our breed, Cairn Terrorist...uh, terriers....Like Toto on the Wizard of Oz.(I am lucky we only have three). Big dog in a small dog body. Our male Winston is "my boy". He IS the perfect dog. I would clone him if I could....maybe soon.
I still love dogs even though one bit me on duty two weeks ago......bit me on the thigh.....two inches to the left and my voice would have been MUCH higher.

And with no kids....I can almost afford to build a plane

As to flight line chairs, when business slows for Len from Osh, maybe we can open the market to dog shows. Did y'all see their ad in KitPlanes this month? There is also a picture of my chair from Len and Dani on a pix site from the Velocity Symposiom from two weeks ago http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/symp...mposium06.html

All the best,

Chris
Old 06-07-2006, 03:18 AM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

My wife is glad I like her CAT and no one elses. I think EVERY man likes CATS. Do we have an understanding here?
Ever since I was a teen I have always been interested in CATs. I am a confirmed CAT lover. You wont ever see me interested in dogs. Im kind of Dogophobic.
As a matter of fact- my wife says,"CATS rule - dogs drool. Thats just what dogs do". If you think about it, thats just what your dog does. Even mine.
Do we have an understanding here?
Come on you macho guys- admits it- you like CATS.