Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

i tink he is designining dem
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-28-2006, 01:24 AM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplafleur
You've got full retracts?
Swing/Drybread style. I'm in the process of making a mockup gear leg so that I can make a mold. As well as finishing the fuselage so that I can have something to mock them up on. Hopefully next year at RR i'll have pictures and the gear legs to show for it :P
Old 09-28-2006, 01:47 AM

Way to go Nathan, love the retracts.

Jack
E Racer 113
Old 09-28-2006, 02:09 AM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer113
Way to go Nathan, love the retracts.

Jack
E Racer 113
That is yet to be seen they have to come to reality first. I will say it will definatly have your winglets on it though.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:07 PM

That reminds me... Lafleuer, did you get your retracts in from Infinity yet? Just curious.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:57 PM

Len & Dani,

I've been unsuccessful at reaching flightlinechairs.com today. Is it down or is it moi?

Cheers!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Future Cozy Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi Khu
Len & Dani,

I've been unsuccessful at reaching flightlinechairs.com today. Is it down or is it moi?

Cheers!
Try http://69.166.162.176:6340/

That's what it resolves to at this particular moment.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:15 PM
GIB

Yeah, if you enter "www.flightlinechairs.com" it works, but the absence of "www" seems to make it difficult for the server to understand.

Our ISP is being rude about letting us use the standard port, that's why we have 6340 at the end and that's why it won't work without the "www." That's my blonde explanation. If you want a better one, wait until Friday when Len gets his internet connection in California - or wait a couple days for him to weed through two months of forum activity before he finds this post to reply to....

I promise I will be updating the website this week. We will be adding planes, products and changing the shipping cost for chairs. Now that gas prices are going down, we're reducing the shipping price from $20 to $15. I'll post here as soon as I get that update up.

-D
Old 10-02-2006, 07:14 PM
builder wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Our ISP is being rude about letting us use the standard port, that's why we have 6340 at the end
They should not be using stand-over tactics like that - That sort of ISP behaviour has long gone, and you should quite rightly be able to do with it as you choose. One ISP here even allows clients to res-ell its service.

best,
Steve
Old 10-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Bob Hassel

That sounds more like a mom and pop operation than a real provider. I've worked the internet worlds for years. The default normal port is 80 or 8080 for normal web service.

I've been running off of http://www.1and1.com for years. Very dependable, reliable and fairly inexpensive. You can run off of either Windows or servers or Linux servers. Check out the options, they even include eShops, etc.

I'm even running a .net web based application on my main cozy site http://www.cozyworld.net. I have a business account that allows me to park 3 domain names, I have 200 GB of web space & 2,000 email accounts (of course I haven't used it all up yet). Oh yea I think they're going for about $10 - 20 a month for that.

I'd seriously look at transferring to a normal ISP provider that is so limiting. The provider you using has his address range coming from Adelphia Cable Communications. Sometimes cable companies place restrictions on the IP addresses. For example Comcast doesn't like their home accounts running a web server so they won't give you a static IP address. They may also monitor all incoming incoming (to you) port 80 or port 8080 reqests.

I typically run a server on my home network that needs a static address so I can test/build remotly. I've had to use DSL to get my static IP. I use my cable connection for everything else. The cable speed smokes the DSL speeds.

Anyway, look around for an ISP that will fit your needs. There are a lot of them and they're fighting for the business.

For local stuff you can check out http://www.dslreports.com. I'd also recommend that you park your domain name with a third party. That way if you don't like the service that your ISP is providing you don't need to move both your web site and domain name. You may pay a little more but in the past when I've been seraching for a good ISP (before 1and1.com) it came in handy. I use http://www.networksolutions.com to park my doamin name. I can then point my doamin name to any address I chose, when it's convienent for me.

Bob
Cozy Plans #749
Chapter 4
Santa Fe, NM

http://www.cozyworld.net
http://www.hassel-usa.com
Old 10-03-2006, 02:18 AM
GIB

About halfway through that post, all I could think of was the teacher from Peanuts - "wha wha wha wha." I will make Len read that and he will know what you actually said (and then he'll attempt to tell me... "wha wha wha wha"). We've looked into some remote hosting services and been a little floored by the cost, so maybe we've just been looking in the wrong places.

We use "NoIP" or "No-IP" to be able to keep the domain name and supposedly deal with changing IP addresses, but then it doesn't seem like the IP address actually changes? Again, I'm totally out of my league. Len is hoping that his ISP in CA won't be so obstructionist with the ports(?) and that he can host the website from his place out there. If we run into the same problem with them, we'll definitely be getting the remote hosting set up.

Thanks for all the great advice,
-D