Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2006, 10:51 PM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Default C G Products - Canard Parts

Canard Builders,

We are pleased to announce the C G Products is up and running.
If you don't see what you need, be patient, its coming.
While our focus is on current 4 place canard metal parts we are fitting in requests from builders of other types and models.

Regards,
Chrissi & Randi
www.CozyGirrrl.com

C G Products
CGParts@aol.com
www.CozyGirrrl.com/aircraftparts.htm

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo

Last edited by Cozy Girrrl : 02-13-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Chrissi - this post does not give what you are doin justice. you are not only makin the parts, you are makin dem better

tell us about it, please - we all neeeeeeds U to keep us supplied, makin da metal parts is a PIA and takes allot o time, even if you have the equipment
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 05-03-2006, 02:56 PM

Dust, the short answer is we are not making engines, wheels, avionics or fasteners. The rest of the metal we are making by the truckload (see samples below) Randi just walked in the door with a lifetime supply of stainless rudderhorns, and the forks for the control stick grips shown below.
Got to run but when I can stop to catch my breath I will tell you a bit more.
...Chrissi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fork.gif
Views:	260
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	2297  

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-04-2006, 02:45 PM

Here's a pile of Roll Trim and Pitch Trim handles ready to go out for bending...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rth_pth.gif
Views:	158
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	2305  

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-08-2006, 01:09 PM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

I for one, just want to go on record as thanking the Girrlz for deciding to go into the Mark IV parts business. Further- I think we should consolidate and buy parts even if we have to wait a bit, from them instead of Spruce so as to support their effort and make it possible- can I get a shout out?
This is costing them big time and $ to start this up...
Old 05-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Passey
... Further- I think we should consolidate and buy parts even if we have to wait a bit, from them instead of Spruce so as to support their effort and make it possible- can I get a shout out?
I AGREE
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 05-08-2006, 01:57 PM

Looking to place my order for canard parts in a couple months.

aerocanard.kal-soft.com
Old 05-08-2006, 02:03 PM

My prototype will require custom-length torque tubes. Do you do that?
Plans #000

Redesigned 4-place canard.
500+ hrs into prototype build, Start Oct. 1, 05

(also build a MkIV fuselage, w/plans #1279)
Old 05-08-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaleDC
My prototype will require custom-length torque tubes. Do you do that?
Dear Shale, depending on what you have in mind we may already have what you need in the form of the Long-Ez torque tubes (by the way, they are going fast) Our Cozy Mk-IV torque tubes are "plans" length of 52.1" but some people want longer canards or they are retrofitting Roncz canards to Long-Ezs so we also have the 3 pocket left 72.1" and 2 pocket right 55.1" torque tubes in stock. They are all sandblasted on the outside for bonding and alodined. Something else we'd like to point out is our CNC machined NC-2 hinge inserts have the matching radius machined on the four "corners" so they will fit in the pockets on the torque tubes, you used to have to file each insert to fit. Again, the NC-2 inserts are selectively sandblasted on the portion that is exposed to the elevator layups and they are alodined. If you need custom longer or different design tubes please contact us at CGParts@aol.com and we will gladly accomodate you.
We will also be offering tubes and inserts of the design used in the Berkut, I believe originated by Jeff Russell. These are simpler/stronger/easier/cheaper but optional.
Regards, Chrissi & Randi
P.S. Thank you all for being supportive, we really appreciate it!

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Girrrl
They are all sandblasted on the outside for bonding and alodined. Something else we'd like to point out is our CNC machined NC-2 hinge inserts have the matching radius machined on the four "corners" so they will fit in the pockets on the torque tubes, you used to have to file each insert to fit. Again, the NC-2 inserts are selectively sandblasted on the portion that is exposed to the elevator layups and they are alodined.
well - ina gonna put my marketing hat on.

the CG parts have been tweeked, they are not the basic parts we have come to love and finish - and finsh - and finish from brock - they are selectively sanblasted AND alodyned AND machined TO FIT.

They have taken a builders look at the parts and made them better.

we need the specs of the improvements so we can all appreciate what you are doin. As a builder i see more than a gonna be builder, please list the tweeks so they can be appreciated and purchased.

good stuff
dust

Old 05-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Ray V.

I had a feeling that the closure of Brock might be a blessing in disguise. While I was always happy with Brock’s service, they politely declined to modify or make custom parts. Widely accepted modifications such as beefing up the Long-Ez engine mount for a 360 were not an option. Even Rutan/Puffer accepted mods such as Wilhelmson’s NG6A, or the nose wheel anti-shim system were not incorporated into their parts.

That said, are you ladies planning on manufacturing custom engine mounts? I know that a wealth of people such as myself are looking for such a thing.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutanfan
I had a feeling that the closure of Brock might be a blessing in disguise. While I was always happy with Brock’s service, they politely declined to modify or make custom parts. Widely accepted modifications such as beefing up the Long-Ez engine mount for a 360 were not an option. Even Rutan/Puffer accepted mods such as Wilhelmson’s NG6A, or the nose wheel anti-shim system were not incorporated into their parts.

That said, are you ladies planning on manufacturing custom engine mounts? I know that a wealth of people such as myself are looking for such a thing.
While our first and formost task is to provide all of the plans parts made to or exceeding the plans requirements, we are always looking for additional products or custom work. With all the usual caveats we have the ways, means and abilities to collaborate on custom projects plus the tools to do most of the prototyping in house.
We have made and sold a Mk-IV conical mount and have a Dynafocal Type 1 in the fixture, several more of the same order to fill. We need to cook up a fixture for a Long-Ez. We fixture and tack it all together then take it to an aerospace shop for the actual welding.... I sleep better that way.
Regards, Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Don't forget to send your 7% to Nat. Oh wait, you're not authorized. Forget it.
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 05-08-2006, 06:38 PM
A builder at last.

RutanFan, I had almost the exact same thought. Under a traditional kit manufacture, Brock closing would have been disastrous. But under Rutan and Puffer plans concept, we as a community are not only seeing alternative sources, but actually seeing it as an opportunity for improvements!

Celebrating four years of NOT building.

You are buildin a dam airplane from scratch and you do not know what you are doin!!!! - Dust

-Inspired by Burt, designed by Nat, built by me. (Hopefully)

www.Cozy1200.com - just pics and misc ramblings
Old 05-11-2006, 10:41 PM

Default RAF Hidden Rudderhorns

Get 'em while they're hot, water jet and laser cut, abrasive blasted, alodined, cadmium plated, assembled with hardware $28.50 each
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CG-HRH.gif
Views:	101
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	2317  

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo