Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Forum Area Info and Rules > Forum Improvement Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

I google most new users and ifin i see that they just joined a gazilion forums - i ban em, have been doin it for quite a while. Also - any random posts that they do I delete em and physically remove em, no need for all to see their stupidity.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 01-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Well, most days i come into the forum and ban a coupla new users, spammers,usually catch em before they post - sometimes they are faster than I.

when that happens - i just ban em and delete the thread.

Hate to make the registration take longer as when a newbie finally gets up the nerve to join - they have a burning question that they need to ask and if i make it so someone must approve them - they will probably die from the wait
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 01-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Chapter 4

Dust,
I agree with you, if somepne has actually registered then they most likely are ready with an important question. I didn't realize they had to register to post. You guys are doing a great job with this forum. THANKS! Andy
Old 01-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Anunson View Post
You guys are doing a great job with this forum. THANKS! Andy
Well honestly - we do near nothing

in order to post they must register, and return an email with funny characters in it to activate membership

i think i may have just banned a new member that had a name that looked like a spammer, WebCamMannn

i emailed him and am waiting for a reply, if i did i apologize and will correct the error in my ways, unban
dust

Old 01-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks John - seems you are catching and banning the spammers nice and early each day - good job
dust

Old 01-26-2007, 11:15 AM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

What happened to Chrissi's extensive post about flaming the spammerz yestreday? I was groovin on that one. She was on a roll! ,
Old 01-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

she deleted it
dust

Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 AM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

I wanna know how I can delete a post of mi own....aftre I have postificated it. Ahhhhh.

Last edited by Dennis Passey : 01-26-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Edit button, next to quote button
dust

Old 01-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Edit button, next to quote button
I'm not a fan of allowing the creator of a thread to delete it once somebody has responded. If I responded, I wouldn't want someone deleting my post.

I DON"T LIKE ANYBODY DELETING MY POSTS!

However, letting someone delete their own post is fine.

(Closing a thread would have been much simpler.)
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 01-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
I was groovin on that one. She was on a roll!
That's nothing. You should see the ones Randi hits delete on before she can post them.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:59 PM
builder wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Slade View Post
That's nothing. You should see the ones Randi hits delete on before she can post them.
hrm, other people do that too ? It's good to let off steam sometimes, then once I have typed it, leave it there previewed for 20mins or so, then delete it - never posted. Admins can see these ?

S
Old 01-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
Admins can see these ?
Thankfully that feature is not implemented.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWrightNZ View Post
hrm, other people do that too ? It's good to let off steam sometimes, then once I have typed it, leave it there previewed for 20mins or so, then delete it - never posted. Admins can see these ?

S
They can see everything being typed in.

Guess you could play games with that...
Old 01-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Default Homeint - F16 site

We've been getting a lot of spam users who join and post one link. This morning we had 2. One of these was "homeint" with an uncommented link to some f16 dot biz site. The site looks as though it might be aviation related, but nothing to do with canards. With no introduction or discussion I decided this was another spoof and deleted the thread, banned the user.

I see that the user is still on line. If this user feels that he/she was unjustly treated - please write to admin and we'll discuss it.

Last edited by John Slade : 01-27-2007 at 10:08 AM.