Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Shop Tips, Methods and Equipment
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

and more and more - see nathan - you lived through the hurricane and floods - i posts the promised pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WingJig11.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1252  Click image for larger version

Name:	WingJig12.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1253  Click image for larger version

Name:	WingJig14.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1254  Click image for larger version

Name:	WingJig15.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1255  Click image for larger version

Name:	WingJig13.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	1256  

Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez - whiz, finally get my act together to scan the pics and not one stinkin comment - this series really shows, not only my spacing/leveling jigs, but how the wings actually go together
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-04-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Hot Wings

Mike, you now know how this works, you can't comment on perfection
But you can jump up and down if you see something bad,or strip some one naked if you need a life boost(not that anyone here would do that)
as a side note, they look Fabulous
Old 09-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
not one stinkin comment
Doesn't mean no one noticed, Mike. For example, I forwarded the thread to a builder who's about to build his wing jigs. People do see and appreciate this stuff.

Besides, often a lack of comment indicates that this is good, and nobody has any argument with it.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:02 PM
G.Norman

My comment:
Should have made two sets. I could have used one to align my wings to the spar this weekend.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:39 PM

That's about the best set of wing jigs i have ever seen - bar none.

But, why is the glass going in the wrong direction ?

Just kidding !

Rick
Old 09-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverquit
My comment:
Should have made two sets. I could have used one to align my wings to the spar this weekend.
well - the only thing they could have helped you with is setting the level board. you could have inserted a wing, put all of the braced "tees" on and leveled the entire assembly in under 3 minutes and then set in the level board, well ummmm - level. i'm surprised the original builder did not have it on when you acquired the wings.
dust

Old 09-06-2005, 04:55 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Very nice. Too bad they wont fit my Long wings. I will have to make a set for mine.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez - whiz, finally get my act together to scan the pics and not one stinkin comment - this series really shows, not only my spacing/leveling jigs, but how the wings actually go together
Well I for one am still going through the pictures to see if you actually DID any of the work.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Nathan Gifford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
Thanks Dust. Your pics have made your process much clearer on how your system all fit together. It looks like all the jigs are built in quadrants so you can bolt together any number for the task at hand.

BTW, are the same T rails used to hold the jigs? Did you use Home Depot plywood or something better.

P.S. I would have contacted you sooner but this has been my first weekend away from the plant. Now if TD18/RITA will stay away from LA & MS maybe I will be able to go to RR. I've also lost track of a bunch of posts along the way.

UPDATE..UPDATE TD18 is officially RITA!!

I also want to look at few Cozy noses at RR about that ballast project we have discussed.
Better Still --> Chapter 9
Old 09-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

3/4 birch plywood from one of the big box stores - they do not carry it anymore, the stuff they have now "looks" better because it has more layers, but from a furniture point of view, it is NOT. but seeing that this is a jig and not furniture - perfectly acceptable.

i like "the good stuff" for jigs as it is far more uniform and straighter than the non good stuff
dust

Old 09-19-2005, 02:31 AM

with all this talk about jiggs you;v enspired me to start my turtal back
(runs to shop,turns on saw....Tap,Tap,Tap,,,,@$#@%$#....cool

and here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGA1329.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	1322  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGA1328.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	1323  
Old 09-19-2005, 05:35 PM
w/ Spinner and Paddlefoot

Default right my....

tap. tap. tap.

that's some alien space monkey stuff right there! Tap Tap tap!

It would take a normal person a week to do that!

!$#$!@ pictures too and I'm still cleaning my epoxy pump!

I think he is using molecules from Dust's shop. Cause whenever Dust is floundering, Steve is hammer down!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:12 PM
G.Norman

That's it! I'm quitting my job so I can catch up to Steve again. Hey Dust, still got your Turtleback jig? Ordering my canopy tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:03 AM

well i got the jump on you and i know when you sleep,and that when i get all my work done...lol
my 4130 didn't show today so you win this day(but good time for a firewall heat shield install) and doing some of the little things.
i found a small bearing,do you have the little ones inside the left pedals"s, Never Quit ?

ps....i found what you are missing,dont ask me how it never got bagged up and sent to osh.......1 plus 2 plus 3 plus................= 4