Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > For Sale, Trade, Loan or Wanted > For Sale, Commercial Sales
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Chrissi,
I am glad to hear that you are working with Tracy to help insure a quality product. I have a 20B in hand so if you need anything from the engine to help in the building let me know.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Chrissi,
I am glad to hear that you are working with Tracy to help insure a quality product. I have a 20B in hand so if you need anything from the engine to help in the building let me know.
Thanks Erik, will do. Could you please send me an email via CGparts? I have some details I wanted to ask you.
Thanks, Chrissi

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Cozy dreamer

Chrissi,
I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of the great write-up on you gals in the March issue of the EAA magazine. Or maybe I just missed it. Either way, congrats and keep up the good work!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioflyer View Post
Chrissi,
I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of the great write-up on you gals in the March issue of the EAA magazine. Or maybe I just missed it. Either way, congrats and keep up the good work!
Thank you, if you dig around there are some very nice mentions of the article. We really appreciate the support, thanks!
Regards, Chrissi & Randi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-19-2007, 03:18 PM

Here is a pic of my 20b with the oil pan removed and cleaned up a bit. I am trying to get a tracing of the bolt pattern for the girrrls. I tried it with some heavy paper and it didn't work so I need to go find some tracing paper. Does anyone have a better way of doing this???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn0759.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	3719  
Old 05-19-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Here is a pic of my 20b with the oil pan removed and cleaned up a bit. I am trying to get a tracing of the bolt pattern for the girrrls. I tried it with some heavy paper and it didn't work so I need to go find some tracing paper. Does anyone have a better way of doing this???
i would get some thin paper and glue on some tag board to the outer edge and the inner edge so it will keep it shape, then get a small ball peen hammer and with lots of small taps over a corner bolt hole till you see the hole (just as if you used a hole punch). then put a bolt in the hole.
do all 4 corners then the rest of them.
now that the holes are all done, place it over a sheet of soft al 16th would do fine. holes are flat, gently spray flat black over the holes and let dry.
remove the template, and get a good sharp long point (aul?).
i use a magnifying glass and find the dead center and push the point in the AL so it can be seen, then get a bigger point 100 deg and tap it over the hole. that will make it easy to drill. cut away most of the AL so you have a light wight part to ship to the girls
you mite want to drill the holes and test fit, its not as easy as it looks.
a tip mite be to drill it one sizes smaller then place it over the engine and drill the finial hole the same size, the drill will walk a bit and give you a good alignment
Old 05-19-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Steve's way is the tried and true way for making gaskets. It will work for this as well but I'd prefer getting the template in the rawest form before it goes through several personal judgement calls. If it were just a gasket you'd spray oil on the flange, press the gasket in place (not moving it) remove it and cut it out.

There are various ways, sort of artsy craftsy things... if you put a piece of paper over a quarter and rub with a pencil lead sort of sideways you can get a pretty good rendition of the quarter, if you hold the pencil at the right incline you can pick up the edges very accurately. If you have the right size ball bearings you can press one that is about 50% larger than a hole into the hole and make a legible impression of the edges. I go back over these things with a microscope and determine where the centers of the circles are. I have an instrument here for very accurately measuring holes center to center but it does no good with it here
Just do not do PL's suggested way of putting a piece of plex over the bottom and marking with a center punch, thats why the existing CCI mount plates are in the condition they are now; guesswork. I have the 13B straightened out, if anybody is nearby with a renesis or other 13B with the pan off, I'd love to pull the measurements off of them myself.
Thanks guys for all your help!
...Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Cozy MkIV #1348

Chrissy,
I have another 13B (1987) in my hangar. I'd be happy to pull the pan off the engine (heck, I'd bring the whole engine if you prefer) and bring it to you. It would be a good excuse to finally see your plane!!
Mark
Old 05-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Over 650 rotary hours

Quote:
Knowing the engine is metric, it's best to just measure from one hole to the next in millimeters and document it in a drawing with dimensions. I did this on the 13B. The hole spacing is most probably in integral mm.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
Knowing the engine is metric, it's best to just measure from one hole to the next in millimeters and document it in a drawing with dimensions. I did this on the 13B. The hole spacing is most probably in integral mm.
Perry, I'd like to believe that but considering the investment we are going to make in plates I would really prefer to verify this ourselves and sleep peacefully =)
Regards, Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-23-2007, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSires View Post
Chrissy,
I have another 13B (1987) in my hangar. I'd be happy to pull the pan off the engine (heck, I'd bring the whole engine if you prefer) and bring it to you. It would be a good excuse to finally see your plane!!
Mark
Mark, give us a call sometime or email us via our CGparts address.
Regards, Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM

I have a 1987 13b oil pan already off. I am in Terre Haute, Indiana. let me know if you want me to send it to you. Or if it would be possible to see ( and possibly sit in) you cozy project I could bring it down.

Jeff Wellum
Old 05-23-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdox View Post
I have a 1987 13b oil pan already off. I am in Terre Haute, Indiana. let me know if you want me to send it to you. Or if it would be possible to see ( and possibly sit in) you cozy project I could bring it down.

Jeff Wellum
Dear Jeff, (& other 13B people)
We already have done precision measurements of our own 13B, which has an oddball front cover. We have found there are a few variations on front cover/pan bolt patterns, this is what concerns us. CCI got around this by providing the front cover holes that were common to most front covers and requiring the builder to use their pan to pick up where they needed to drill the remaining holes. We are hoping to at least put a punch mark where these additional holes need to go.
Call to set up a visit, you are welcome to come by.
Regards, Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 05-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Chrissi,
I have a hole pattern template ready for you.
Notice in the pics that one of my holes has a bridge plate across it on the oil pan. I am not sure if this was due to inaccessibility when exhaust and accessories where mounted. There is a hole in the engine for a bolt so I went ahead and included its location on the template.
I trial fitted the template to my engine and it fits perfectly I hope that it will be of use in your manufacturing of the 20B plates.

Erick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn0762.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	3743  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0764.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	3744  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0766.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	3745  Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn0761.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	3746  
Old 05-31-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Rotary Engine Mounts

Dear Erick,
Thanks for the beautiful 20B template! Hey, its looks just like the picture
It also answered some questions about the 20B mounting plate we have on hand, Fred made it with some oval holes at one end.
OK, full speed ahead on mounting pates then. The fixture for making the tube mount portion of the 20B mount will be finished today and the first for sale 13B and 20B tube mounts will be done next week.
Again, thanks Erick!
...Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo