Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Safety
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default Safety Versus Appearance.

How do you tell a safe canard pilot.

He chooses safety over appearance.

Jim Price clearly demonstrated that VG's decrease stall speed by 10 knots and only reduce cruise by 1 or 2 knots. He did this 10 or 15 years ago.

How many planes do you see them on?

Nearly ZERO.

Many say they are committed to safety, actions prove it.

To me, VG's are now beautiful and will be proudly installed
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 01-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Safety Versus Appearance.

http://www.microaero.com/CS_PDF/KitPlanes/LongEZ_CS.pdf

is where jim price says are the same as his
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 01-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Well, the VG's work on vari's and longs and cozy's and velo's, probably all the canards - THEY MUST BE PUT ON BOTH THE MAIN WING AND THE CANARD, NOT ON JUST THE CANARD.

by decreasing landing speed they drastically reduce landing energy and any problem had during a landing has a better outcome. From severe wheel shimmy to busted axle bolts.

They will be on my plane day one - no before and after testing needed - done deal.

No one that i know of has tried them on the vert stab. I will test them before and after. My hope is that they activate the rudders sooner during the takeoff roll and decrease the need to tap the brake to keep the plane on the runway during take off. the more you tap the brake to stay on the runway - the longer runway you need cause each tap slows you down.
dust

Old 04-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Had a great conversation the other day with a long driver. Great schmart guy. He feels that at higher speeds than mr price flies there will be more of a speed loss from the VG's because of increased drag at the slightly higher speeds.

No matter

I'll choose safety over speed any day.
dust