Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Safety
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default Battery choice

Talked to a guy at EZjet, for get his name, and he suggested 2 odyssey sealed gel batteries, they only come in 12 volt. chatted with a supplier that gave me a price of 157 each and no shipping charges. SOLD, i'll order them in a coupla weeks.

they are heavy, 24 lbs each, but they will give me 52 minutes of 25 amp reserve power in case both of my alternators take a dump. A good thing when you need electricity to run the engine, let alone some instruments.

i'm putting them in the nose, i know, heavy for the nose, but have always planned to keep the nose ballasted for single flight at all times and rely on my constant speed prop and turboed engine to give me shorter take off roll.

That is why i posted this decision in the safety category.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 PM
G.Norman

Default Re: Battery choice

Robert and Valerie Harris-believe them...or else...

At 24 lbs I believe one in the nose is sufficient.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Valerie Harris EZjets.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	4585  
Old 11-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

whithout a complete understanding of my installation, how can anyone make a decision?
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 11-27-2009, 07:42 PM
G.Norman

Did the survey. Talked to a lot of canardians. But you're right. Who knows what you got until you do your weight and balance. With the words of someone I know, "I'm just sayin' " . : )
Old 11-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/
(888) 379-2555

West Coast Batteries Inc.
410 Le Roy Drive
Corona, Ca. 92879

for my memory
dust

Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

well, changed again, today i bought a backup 20 amp alternator, a 20 amp regulator and a 60 amp regulator from b&c

love to take advice and he recommended 2 batteries, which in my case equels 4, he sells 11 pound 14 volt sealed batteries.

Sold, 4 of em but he won't ship/sell them till i need them. he also makes a battery terminal end that fits welding cable, sold.

I figure if i trust ie for the alternator and regulators, might as well go all the way to the batteries and connectors.
dust

Old 04-18-2010, 01:07 PM
G.Norman

Quote:
he recommended 2 batteries, which in my case equels 4,
Two alternators and four batteries?