Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Firewall Backward and Forward > Turbo or Super Charging
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Default INTERCOOLER info

Well, i hear that spearco are the best intercoolers, so i contacted my turbonetics supplier, he put me in touch with their tech support, i just filled out the info form.

Now to see how big each intercooler has to be and of course how expensive.

Glad i've studied the area as i know that i have to go from 350F to less than 150F. Good stuff and thanks to all for helping me in this area a few years ago.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: INTERCOOLER info

Well spearco tech's replied, looks like the bare minimum is

Quote:
Based on the data that the customer provided, with a 2-110 core, the estimated temp. out would be 150.79 deg. F and the estimated pressure drop would be 0.23psi.
specs found at http://www.turboneticsinc.com/node/86
Quote:
PART #
CORE A B C FLOW ASSEMBLY CORE SIZE THICKNESS HEIGHT LENGTH
RATE
PART #
2-110
3.50 x 9.24" x 6.00" " 3.50 " 9.24 " 6.00 "
2-220
now to hang the engine and see how much room i have
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 01-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Well, just heard back from Praxair. I am making the inlet and outlet parts of the intercoolers. the intercoolers are not made from 6061 so i stopped and did my research, did not know if i could weld, well my buddy René could weld 1350 and 3105 aluminum to 6061.

Well, as it turns out you can weld the 6061 to both, you just need to use 4047 wire.

Now i can finish the parts I started!

I love having this forum to help me keep track of info that i would otherwise lose on a scrap of paper somewhere.

The build continues!
dust

Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Had fun tonight, used a big milling machine to mill the intercooler housings. These four parts, you can see the top one in the pic were milled tonight carpet taped together.

Now i'll grind the curved top on the 12" disk sander and put a 1.5 inch hole with a hole saw in all of them.

Using the milling machine was far more enjoyable than band saw, disk sander and band saw.

Turned out near perfect, perfect enough for welding
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0014.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	4620  
dust