Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > FLYING INFO AND STORIES > Flyins
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default Rough River 2008

Been thinkin about it. No time like the present to remember it and what can make it better next year.

No fuel, i asked at event if they minded if i tried to obtain fuel for next year, I'll make a few calls, doubt if i will be successful!

Taxi service. I gave 2 rides to the cottages for people, it is up to and maybe more than a mile, a long walk. Next year it would be great if those with vehicles with 4 wheels could make an hourly pass to and from the cottages, the resort is close enough for a leisurely stroll, the cottages are Knot

Some here wanted to give presentations and were sort of squeezed out, we will have to make sure that it does not happen again

Pity Tag, next year i will have tags printed for builders to wear around there neck, on one side will be the forum logo and web address, the other a place for name, plane building and number of rides in a canard.

Lets see ifin we can have a better spokesman than me!
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Rough River 2008

I had a few minutes today and decided to make a couple o calls for fuel for next year, after the talk i had with Sam, figured i would not be successful.

Well, shiver me timbers, whatever that means, but, lookin good.

Talked to a local airport FBO and they have no over the road trucks, so after a small chat about the event, he gave me the name and number of the regional supplier.

Lookin good

He thinks he can do it, have a 2700 gallon truck on site next year.

He said he would get back to me in a day or two.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 10-10-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
He thinks he can do it, have a 2700 gallon truck on site next year.
An unexpected consequence of no fuel at RR was I got to fly with Curt to E-Town for 14 gallons.

But it might be nice for the pilots to have a truck w/ 500(?) gallons of LL available Saturday afternoon, a convenient way to 'disburse' any excess collections from the fud collection jar too.

Rick
Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.concours.org
Build status: 3 4 5 6 7
Old 10-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

GEEEEEEEze, now i'll be blamed for fewer rides next year!! heh heh heh well, the other question would be, how many did not give rides because of the lack of on site fuel.
dust

Old 10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Nathan Gifford

Well, of course, you will have to watch the price closely. If the price is too high they may split to next nearest FBO. Also, what restrictions does RR State Park have to someone bringing in a load of fuel?

Also, I've already sent a note to Nick about this, I think we need to get a white board in the tent for next year. It would be useful for sketch ideas or notices.
Better Still --> Chapter 9
Old 10-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Gifford View Post
Well, of course, you will have to watch the price closely. If the price is too high they may split to next nearest FBO. Also, what restrictions does RR State Park have to someone bringing in a load of fuel?

Also, I've already sent a note to Nick about this, I think we need to get a white board in the tent for next year. It would be useful for sketch ideas or notices.
First is arranging for the fuel, then it is getting the park to approve it. Talked to Sam briefly yesterday, he is quite pleased that we MIGHT have fuel next year AND he knows someone in the Kentucky park service that may be instrumental in getting park approval. This is his event, so I am treading very lightly, getting approval for each thing i do. Do not wish to offend, just to enhance the already great event.

As far as price, they will charge what they will charge, if the supplier makes it too high, no one will buy and the supplier will not be back the next year. They knows this.

As far as a white board - how big, we have a budget now, we can just rent a big one from the lodge.
dust

Old 10-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Nathan Gifford

Getting a white board from the Lodge would be the best bet. It would sure help on the logistics of getting it there.
Better Still --> Chapter 9

Last edited by Nathan Gifford : 10-11-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Lookin good for fuel next year at RR - lookin like i gots a 2700 gallon fuel truck a comin for Saturday
dust