Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Plane Insurance
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default EAA builders Insurance

OK, I have a hangar now YAHOOOOOOOO and inquired into insurance, tools are covered by my homeowners

Only coverage I found was from EAA and it is a rip off - badly

40,000 minimum coverage for $400 a year, covers only the parts, absolutely no labor, no liability

my buddy with a Bonanza has REAL coverage, hull, liability, etc and pays 1300 a year for a flying plane.

Sorry to say it - EAA fell on its face with this one
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 03-15-2007, 11:47 PM
EVOLUTION EZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
OK, I have a hangar now YAHOOOOOOOO and inquired into insurance, tools are covered by my homeowners

Only coverage I found was from EAA and it is a rip off - badly

40,000 minimum coverage for $400 a year, covers only the parts, absolutely no labor, no liability

my buddy with a Bonanza has REAL coverage, hull, liability, etc and pays 1300 a year for a flying plane.

Sorry to say it - EAA fell on its face with this one
Your buddy is getting the deal of life time. 1300 for liability only on a Bonanza would be a good deal. or maybe he has heard how much less most homebuilders insur. is an padded that number just a bit. the only people that BS more about the price of their insurance then pilots are car guys. 400 for the plane in the hanger is a great deal, just wait till it is flying and they tell you numbers like 2500

Lynn Erickson A&P for lets say almost 30 years
Much better with a Dremel than a computer.
What if they gave me choice between a fast computer or a fast plane?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:11 AM

I pay $950.00 for liability insurance with Falcon, no hull, they will not insure full coverage.
If you damage the AC anyway you will most likely being repairing it yourself.

Jack
E Racer 113
Old 03-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Yes 950 sounds about right, but is not that for like 1,000,000 liability coverage, at the rate quoted for the plane in a hanger only coverage, that would be only 100,000 coverage
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 03-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

As far as his bonanza coverage - i believe him on the rate, but I also know that he chose only 60,000 in hull coverage
dust

Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: EAA builders Insurance

Are you still looking for help with insurance? I'm working on various policies for canardians. ... Not in Motion, liability, full flight.

Let me know if I can help with anything for you.

John
LEZ O320
Cannon Aviation Insurance
Scottsdale, AZ
Old 09-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah

Mike aka Dust
dust

Old 09-26-2007, 02:56 PM

Me too John. Was looking to drop hull coverage this next year but if you have something reasonable.....?