Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > PreBuild Planning and ACTIONS > Plane Day
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2007, 06:28 AM
Just Building/Saving

Default Friday is plane day.. friday is plane day...

Friday is plane day! If I repeat it to myself enough times, hopefully it'll come true. I'd really like to make some progress. I think Friday is the best bet for me to use as my own plane day. Finally got my car project to a point that I can let it sit for a while. Airplane is #1 now. Tonight, I layed up my replacement F-28 bulkhead. Already had the foam cut out and test-fit, took 1.5hrs to do the sticky part. I'm sure I'll get faster as I go. At least for now the cold temperatures kept the epoxy from setting on me. Next week's goal: install F-28 in the correct position, work on the heat duct/center console, get everything ready to start on the bottom. For the rest of tonight though, gotta get my air compressor working again so I can use my bodysaw to trim F-28 once it's cured. Perhaps I should start an online builder's log as well, I'm sure this forum isn't the place for it. Anyway, I hope I can stick to my plane-day.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Looks like we've got another build switch firmly in the ON position. Consistency is the key to finishing one of these birds. Like eating an elephant - one bite at a time.
Keep at it, and please give us updates.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:59 PM

body saw......now why is that so familiar ? now i know, i used it on f28
and -delamed most of it (see Marc's post for repair).
now i use a hack saw blade in a Saw-all on slow ans works like a charm.
it looks like you have not read the patter trimming post yet?
all of the bulk heads will be clean cut in just one final cut, and you will think you are a bulk head god get a router!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigmouse View Post
Perhaps I should start an online builder's log as well, I'm sure this forum isn't the place for it. Anyway, I hope I can stick to my plane-day.
As boring as they are - the plane day threads get a lot of readin - build and type away.

Great to here that the switch is firmly in the on position
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world