Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Firewall Backward and Forward > Subaroooooo Discussion Group
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Default H6

lighter, and smaller, any body got the 411 on this puppy ?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 AM

The current EZ30 weighs around 245 lbs. (long block only) and puts out 250hp. A 3.6L version will come out this fall rated at 256hp @ 6000 and 247 lb./ft. @4400 and it will be 10 lbs. lighter than the EZ30! This would be a nice engine for an aircraft.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

could you give us a short run down of the options, and any re-drives and costs, when you have a few?

I would even put it in the wiki
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 05-03-2007, 04:33 PM

As far as I know all EJ, EG and EZ engines have the same bell housing pattern and flywheel pattern so any redrives available for the earlier engines should fit the EZs. These would include Marcotte, RWS and Eggenfellner among currently available ones in North America. There is at least one other gear drive built down under but it may be marginal at this torque output.

The 3.6L runs or regular fuel, the EZ30 on premium. All newer Subes have variable valve timing and or lift and some have variable intake length control. The EZs have chain driven cams so no more belt changes. These engines are very compact and short. Finally their flat four turbo diesel is supposed to debut in 2008.

The EZ30 is currently the engine used in all Eggenfellner conversions.

We can supply EMSs to run the injectors and coil on plug ignition on all Subaru models too so no need to use the factory nightmare system.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6ejguy View Post
Finally their flat four turbo diesel is supposed to debut in 2008.
Thats the one I'm looking forward to. Anyone know how we could get one of these engines in North America? I understand that the car won't sell here because of emissions problems, but could we get the engine?

Do you think your EFI would work on the diesel if it became available?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rui View Post
Thats the one I'm looking forward to. Anyone know how we could get one of these engines in North America? I understand that the car won't sell here because of emissions problems, but could we get the engine?

Do you think your EFI would work on the diesel if it became available?
No chance of any aftermarket EFI for modern diesels in the near future. What they do with the injections is extremely complex compared to gasoline engines. You will be stuck with the factory ECU on these engines.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: H6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6ejguy View Post
No chance of any aftermarket EFI for modern diesels in the near future. What they do with the injections is extremely complex compared to gasoline engines. You will be stuck with the factory ECU on these engines.

Yeah like 10 fuel pulses PER cobustion event!!!!
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world