Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > New Member Introductions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008, 12:49 AM

Default Hello everyone

I'm not sure that if this is the right forum to post this in, but my husband has been working on a Long Ez for the last several years. This last month, a heater in the shop malfunctioned and caused a fire that consumed the small detached building. I wish that the plane was not in there, but it was. He is pretty upset as a majority of the parts were damaged, also the plans books and M drawings were lost.

Our homeowners insurance is paying for the rebuild of the shop thankfully. For our wedding anniversary, I would like to buy him a new copy of the plans, but I haven't been able to locate any. The few that come up on ebay or elsewhere wind up being bid to a price that is too expensive for me to afford on my own. Does anyone have any advice?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Hello everyone

Well, the CanardZone has a group of "openEZ" builders - you may be able to get what is needed for free
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 02-11-2008, 09:35 PM

The canard zone will not have free plans. They do have some information to supplement the TERF-CDs though. That will not provide a complete set of plans, there is some incomplete information, A drawings and scale drawings of the RONCZ cannard. The TERF-CD can usually be found on ebay for about $200.00 give or take a Hamilton.

That is how I am building my LONG-EZ. With the TERF-CD plans and any additional support from the other folks out there willing to lend a hand. I have no doubt you and your husband will be able to find all the information he needs to complete his project.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:28 AM

I searched for a canard zone and found one, but I didn't see any information regarding a set of plans available so I think that I am out of luck there. Sorry, I'm not good at this whole plane thing, and I'd like for it to be a surprise for him. Could someone sort of 'hold my hand' through this process? Email or PM or anything would be just fine.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfryer View Post
The canard zone will not have free plans. They do have some information to supplement the TERF-CDs though. That will not provide a complete set of plans, there is some incomplete information, A drawings and scale drawings of the RONCZ cannard. The TERF-CD can usually be found on ebay for about $200.00 give or take a Hamilton.

That is how I am building my LONG-EZ. With the TERF-CD plans and any additional support from the other folks out there willing to lend a hand. I have no doubt you and your husband will be able to find all the information he needs to complete his project.
So I have to ask. What the hell is a terf? I assume you're not talking about a football field or your lawn.
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
G.Norman

Ditto!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

It is a CD available with the plans that burt sold to the company years ago - i think it is complete, except for the drawings

Mfryer - could you pm her your phone number and explain it, i mean, this is an extra special case - the dam plans they bought were destroyed by a fire!

it it were a cozy 4 i would copy everything for them and just send it, once i was assured that they really lost them in a fire, which i don't doubt.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 02-13-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplafleur View Post
..... What the hell is a terf?....
One URL is worth a thousand words..... http://www.terf.com/RAFCDROM.htm
Danish pre-builder - 60% complete - only 80% to go ...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Ahhhh! It's the name of the company he sells the CD's from:

Quote:
TERF Inc. - Creative & Innovative Engineering Done Right!
The finest Speedometer, Odometer & Tachometer Calibrators and Test Equipment in the world.
And to think, they're actually only about 15 miles away.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:27 PM
G.Norman

That's about 2 hours drive yesterday.

I need a website job like that so I can stay home and build.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:25 PM

Here are a couple of links that might help:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rutan-Aircraft-Factory-Encyclopedia-Long-EZ-Airplane_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50453QQihZ013Q QitemZ230222453008QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
http://www.terf.com/RAFCDROM.htm

Send me a private message and I will try to answer any other questions you might have about this.

http://flyingbackward.blogspot.com/
Flying Backward