Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > PreBuild Planning and ACTIONS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default The Plane Building Switch

OK, so you want to build a plane, as spock would say, your blood is boiling and it won't stop until you are doing it.

Problem, that damn plane building switch, coverred with a safty cap or two and then the firing trigger has a 20 pound pull. But, finally you have it pulled, you are putting your workshop together, you HAVE the PLANS or KIT, you have your first supplies ON HAND and you just know you will finish and fly this beautiful bird.

You can't wait to get in some fashion of a fuselodge and MAKE plane noises. You work feverishly, EVERY moment you can find.

BUT be careful of that dam switch, the plane building one. There is now NO safty covering it to stop it from being pushed to the off position AND it has a hair trigger, a .2 oz/gram pull. A brush with a hair from the back of your hand will trip it.

The safty will come down on it and it will begin to rust into the off position, do not let this happen to you.

HURRY, GET BACK INTO THE SHOP. Every moment puts you closer to being one of the 80% that never finish. STOP READING THIS POST AND GO INTO THE SHOP NOW, NOOOOOOW!

If you need help getting started again, ask here, someone will come over and take your hand and lead you back in. AS ALWAYS
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 04-28-2004, 07:42 PM

What if your wife has her finger on the trigger... uh... switch?
Old 04-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Determined Builder 98+18%

I'm certainly having trouble getting (re-)started Dust!

My 19x19 shop is "packed" and I need to work in two many dimensions!

Can I borrow some "space" from you over there in a little bit?

I'll also need some heat if you can send some my way!

Yes, my wife wants it done too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AUT14696small.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1  
Old 04-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

I know that picture. Your wing is a lookin good, we had TWO people make trips to toronto in the past week, could have brought pieces home to store for you. Hey we now have 4 completed wings stacked, we can easily add 2 more
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 04-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Determined Builder 98+18%

Thanks! Actually they're a little more done than that now - just one more layup to do, then cut the rudders - I expect about a week or so to done.

I picked up the canopy from Todd when I was down at Sun-n-Fun, and the 13B engine and engine monitor also - and it's all currently in the same space - so I have to solve that space problem quickly.

Some better weather will help everything!

Lots to do, and serious building season is about to start - AND it is only about 6 months!

Need Metal!
Old 05-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Bulkhead templates...

CLICK
"whirr, whump, whump....

Hey! I think this thing is on!!!

Thanks to the brothers and sisters,
Into the Breech

Bowlersaid
Old 02-25-2005, 11:43 AM

Hey, anybody know where I can get me one o' dem dere builder swtichy thingies? Sounds right handy. Is there an approved supplier for that?

(Sorry, I saw the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour" not long ago and can't stop talking like that....)

MORE COWBELL!
Old 04-24-2005, 02:42 PM

I did re-establish project funding. I start tomorrow. neet
Old 04-24-2005, 05:10 PM

I tried installing a building switch over the weekend... but I forgot to turn off the breaker and was electrocuted. Maybe next weekend...
Old 04-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas
Hey, anybody know where I can get me one o' dem dere builder swtichy thingies? Sounds right handy. Is there an approved supplier for that?
We can make you one on "plane day" you just have to show up and we help, with 3 planes started in one factory, and others going on in other parts of the country, we are very experienced in the design and manufacturing process of making and
setting them in the on position.

always at your service
dust

Old 04-25-2005, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
We can make you one on "plane day" you just have to show up and we help,
Sure...you pay the air fare and I'll be there!

MORE COWBELL!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Road trip

Total Est. Time: 10 hours, 18 minutes Total Est. Distance: 659.21 miles
dust

Old 04-25-2005, 01:14 PM
A builder at last.

Dust, What is the record for the longest drive to plane day? I don't think 650 is going to set a record.
Celebrating four years of NOT building.

You are buildin a dam airplane from scratch and you do not know what you are doin!!!! - Dust

-Inspired by Burt, designed by Nat, built by me. (Hopefully)

www.Cozy1200.com - just pics and misc ramblings
Old 04-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

well, we have had slaves from all over, califonia and ALMOST sao palo brazil, but planely speakin to JUST come and build the longest is hank at

Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 46 minutes Total Est. Distance: 436.87 miles

so, this would be a record
dust

Old 11-20-2005, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
... Every moment puts you closer to being one of the 80% that never finish...
So, this is a green, neophite, noobie... and I'm wondering, is there some clearing house or other source for begun/abandoned projects?...

this is my second time in this forum, my first post and my ingorance abounds so please; be gentle...

John