Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > FLYING INFO AND STORIES > Pre Canard Flying Flying Stories and Questions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2006, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairboy
Actually, a couple of aircraft companies have used X-Plane. Carter Copter, for example, used X-Plane to rapid prototype some design ideas. Also, a company in Mojave used it too. You may be familiar with them, Scaled Composites. They used it during the SpaceShipOne dev cycle.
Yeah, I've got a pretty good idea of what it was used FOR, too. Which is one of the reasons I wrote what I wrote about using it for design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairboy
Edit: Of the above examples, only the Carter Copter one was meant to describe a company using it for design, I was distracted when I typed it and it didn't quite come out right. But Carter Copter did use it as a cheap virtual wind-tunnel.
Maybe that has something to do with the fact that Carter hasn't come close to achieving the results they originally claimed they were going to achieve. Not that they haven't achieved anything - they have, but not anything close to what they originally set out for.