Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Forum Area Info and Rules > Forum Improvement Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Forum Current and Future

Well the forum has gone from tons of dribble to a place where i voice my thoughts and a record of my build.

A place I enjoy every day

I learned a lot from all the dribble, there was a lot to be learned if you listened carefully. Surprisingly it was mostly from non canardians!

I learned about new materials and current material weaknesses, turbos and engines, proper electrical process's, air flow, both inside the engine and on the outside of the plane, the list goes on and on.

I also learned from canardians, but not what you think or more appropriately not what the internet luminaries what me to say.

The planes have some tendencies that can bight you in the arse, tipping backwards on the ramp or in the hangar, weak nose gear attachments, prop strikes, fuel unporting and also legs severely broken or amputated in a relatively minor crash.

Many have modified the planes in a variety of ways and have not fallen out of the sky, wider, longer.

New techniques have evolved, one piece tub construction

Basic minor design problems that can be easily fixed if you know what the problem is, cozy naca scoop as an improperly formed ramp bottom.

The modifiers do not have a place to talk, except on their web pages. Today that changes.

The forum will be reorganized and many useless threads will be deleted.

The forum will be moderated, useless chatter and rudeness will be deleted.

What prompted this decision, a talk with a famous innovator the other day. He has many following him, but cannot say their names because they do not want it known that they are changing anything.

A few weeks ago I posted on an email list, i received a few requests to not post on that list again, one said that because i have modified my plane so much they hope it never flies because i will surly die in it! They sent that email to a number of their buddies!

Obviously some interesting things have been said about me cause I have made few changes and none that have not been tested. OK, the wing blend has not been tested on a cozy, just on the eracer.

So, over the next few weeks and months the forum will have a new look and purpose
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Forum Current and Future

i wonder if i qualify, i do like the old look...lol@dust
i just read this

I heard once (at about 6min 40sec in): "The Cozy Mark IV is the perfect
balance of comfort, efficiency, performance, and value. It is a refined,
focused, no nonsense cross country machine. As a piece of engineering, it's
exquisite. As an airplane it's inspired. And for the undiluted thrill of
flying, it's near impossible to do better. Unlike most other airplanes the
Cozy isn't just assembled. It doesn't just snap together. And it's not just
stamped out of aluminum or plastic. It's crafted. There is as much passion
that goes into building it as you can put into flying it. And when you are
flying it, you're taken to a world of perfection. A world were there's no
congestion and no compromises. This is the romance, adventure, and
experience of the Cozy Mark IV...."(Fade up music)

Cheers, ---Paul

i wonder if it will still apply to use modders
Old 11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Well Steve, when i found out that most have tipped their birds, had gear up landings, many have hit their props, unported during descent and climb, I was bummed.

Also when i found out that many have made theirs wider, I'm 6'3" and would love more room, i was also bummed, just found out way too late in the build to do something about it.

I don't think we should just accept that all is well when it has been shown that improvement can and have been made.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Bulkhead templates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
The modifiers do not have a place to talk, except on their web pages. Today that changes. ........

So, over the next few weeks and months the forum will have a new look and purpose
Into the bold new frontier...

Vision and leadership is all that it takes.

It would appear that we have both in place ....

Lead, Follow or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Bowler
Old 11-05-2008, 01:22 PM
G.Norman

So, how are you planning to get the innovators/dreamer to come here? How about phone calls or personal messages like you used to do.