Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Just plane stupid comments and conversations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
you wouldn't want to make a stop in Nashville to let me hitch a ride, would you John?
Next time, no problem. This time my schedule is way too unpredictable and uncertain.

11:50 pm. Just got back from the hangar. One more day of prep and the primer's going on - whether its ready or not.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:31 AM

Hey... the line forms behind me pal!

But not this year... I'm camping. (Grilling plans getting bigger by the minute.)
Old 09-15-2005, 12:41 AM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleTurtle

But not this year... I'm camping. (Grilling plans getting bigger by the minute.)
I wasnt bumping you out of getting a ride... we would just strap you to the front like a dead deer... especially after that Lancair comment.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:29 AM
Nathan Gifford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Girrrl
RR is coming up in a couple of weeks, is anyone interested in a demo of the Lovac technique (that did not make it to Oshkosh) ? If so, please chime in and we will see if we can commandeer someone's cabin for the demo...takes about 30 min.
...Chrissi
I don't know about anyone else, but I would sure like to see it.
Better Still --> Chapter 9
Old 09-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
That's right. I forgot you were "on a promise" Once this bird has settled down and feels more like a tool than a project I'll be flitting around all over the place.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:17 AM
G.Norman

Default Lovac

Chrissie, Some of us missed it at OSH. We'd love to see it. Bring your stuff. Hey, how about an extra photo album of your progress so we don't fight over it like last year.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:07 AM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverquit
Chrissie, Some of us missed it at OSH. We'd love to see it. Bring your stuff. Hey, how about an extra photo album of your progress so we don't fight over it like last year.
LOL, I just print the pictures, now I need to get Randi to organize them into chapters or something
... updates since Osh, armrests and console in, canopy latch is done, its hidden, operated from the console, key lock and handle outsides as well, now hinging gullwing door.
At osh we were demo-ing LoVacing NACA vents, we ave made 4 of them so far then we decided to design a new version that closes off flush with the outside so not sure what we are going to demo now, sure don't need any more NACA vents
...Chrissi

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 09-15-2005, 11:04 AM

Count me in too Chrissi... juuuussssstttt a little late to respond. I've finally set up the Digital Video recording / editing system I want so I'm going to try to record it and post it on the internet somewhere for all to enjoy!

JonC, Strap me to the front like a deer? I dare you to do the CofG calcs on that!

John... if you decide to do a Thursday night stayover somewhere in Ga., and if you think KDNN is viable, I'll help you out any way I can... transportation, lodging, mogas... just let me know. I'll be in Vegas next week but be back in by Monday before RR if you make a decision. I'll even let the locals know to lock up the chickens!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Yes, Yes, Yes!

Yes on the LoVac demo. I also missed it at OshKosh and would love to see it.

Also, I am a newbie, just ordered my plans on Tuesday, and already have my airline ticket and rental car for RR.

How does one request a ride in a Cozy?

Is there a sign up list at RR or is it by word of mouth?

Reallly looking forward to it.

Later.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

well, last year i arranged a number of rides - not because i knows anyone, but because it is easy for me to ask for a ride for someone else. will do it again.

need to set something up though, like a signup list for those wanting a ride, easy, and a signup list for those willing to give a ride - medium easy
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Actively building

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Girrrl
At osh we were demo-ing LoVacing NACA vents, we ave made 4 of them so far then we decided to design a new version that closes off flush with the outside so not sure what we are going to demo now, sure don't need any more NACA vents
...Chrissi

I'd love to see the Lovac setup and the photos! Where do I sign up? Maybe you can LoVac dust's hat so it will last forever.

Jack
Old 09-15-2005, 12:55 PM

Default lovac demo

Please someone record the demo and get it into an avi file or something!

I am going to do the gear bulkheads RSN, but, to see it done would be really helpful. How much stippling do I NOT have to do? Can I just blob on a bunch of epoxy, spread it around on a layer, and continue on to the next with this method? I'm assuming I dont have to leave the pump on for the whole cure, but until the epoxy gells up pretty well.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

in my book - always do a good layup, no slop allowed. I don't find the need to stipple. the lower layups are done a little wet. the last layup sucks up the excess, easy as pie. i just move the epoxy around with a squeegee on the lower ones till they are wet and clear, then add a layer, do it again, on the last one - lay it on and go do something else for a coupla minutes - when you come back - it will be mostly wet out, add a little heat or/and a little epoxy.

when i paint on epoxy i just add a little for the area and then add heat and brush pressure, i do not add till it becomes clear - then it has too much. the lower layers excess - pull it up at the end.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Starting chapter 14 !!!

Thumbs up I get to go!!!, I get to go!!!, I get to go!!!

I just got the approval to go to Rough River from Rebecca, (she who is all powerful in my home <wife>), I can't wait to meet all of you and see all the planes that will be there.

I will only be able to attend on Sat., as I have been graciously given limited time away. I will be flying into Louisville, (Southwest), late Friday eve., then will drive down on Saturday morning. I will have to be back on the plane early Sunday AM.

I would love to see the Lovac demo if it is on Sat., and to look at the girrrl's progress album. There are many things on your plane I am interested in trying to emulate.

Do you know that I have never even seen a Cozy in person. Some of my freinds can't believe that I am building one without actually seeing it first. One person was real interested in my build, and asked how I thought it flew compared to other GA aircraft. You should have seen his face when I told him that I have not even seen one, let alone fly in one. He thought I was absolutely nuts at that point. I guess I just know myself well enough to know what I want. I really did a lot of homework on it first.

That being said, maybe Dust can get that, "may I please have a ride" list together, so that my friends might not think I am so stupid after all. All joking aside, a ride in a cozy that Sat. would be about the neatest thing I could imagine. I would offer up my first-born, but he is a freshman in college this year, and I am sure no one would want him. As for my daughter, well, a left seat ride on the space shuttle would not be enough. She just started kindergarten this year. "Daddy's girl",... enough said.

So, I will have to just hope for the best. I will be the one with the video and digital camera going full blast, all while taking as many notes as possible. I plan on having the most informative day since I started thinking about building a plane two years ago. I can't wait.

See ya'all in 11 1/2 days!

Kraig
Old 09-20-2005, 08:54 AM

Quote:
So THAT was what the large group of men were gathered around... I had assumed the worst.