Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Firewall Backward and Forward > Fuel Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

I'm not sure I understand the problem, Dust.

The pumps I got from Tracy have check valves built in - ie they can't back-flow. Most people use two of these in parallel. The fuel pressure is controlled by a manually adjustable regulator between the rail and the return. Mine's set at about 43 PSI when the engine is off. The Mazda's use manifold pressure to control the regulator.

Does this help, or am I talking about something completely different?
Old 03-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

can you hook them up in series and do you know what they are rated for in gph?

yes it helps
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 03-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Series? Why? I havent heard of it being done, but it would probably work. Tracy would know the gph rating. Its more than enough for the power you or I will produce.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

My main pump is engine driven, it would be a pain o plumb parallel, much easier in series. Not worried about quantity, just concerned about over-quantity
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 03-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Ah Yes, Jim Sower has the same thing with his Lycoming. I think he recently bought a pump from Tracy. Maybe, when he gets his engine started again, he can tell you how well the mechanical pulls through the electric.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Fuel Pump - 210 HP Continental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post

Talked to a warner tech today as thou i was buildin a boat and - the only one that met my spec wassssssssssssss - 500.
last evening i spent 2 hours searching for a fuel pump, then i came to the forum and found my quote, went to the web site for stewart warner and did not see what i remember
dust

Old 02-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

WELDON, weldon pump is the pump, finally found the pump mfg. and they referred me to www.aerospares.com, Ean

He was the same guy i talked to two or so years ago, even sent me the same fax of the pump that i had lost. they are in canada ad i remembered talkin to someone in canada.

I also emailed Buly to get his input and he used the exact same one.

24V, 45PSI, 30 GPH , sucks 26 inches dry, made for pass through when not in use and rated for continuos duty.

Meets all the specs that i need

He even advised me on how to install to prevent cavitation, life is good, hard to find a properly sized pump, hot rod and marine ones simply pump too much, 50, 60, 70 GPH snd they would create too much heat and draw extra power. In this case, bigger is not better, the right size is better

Now i can plumb from the tanks to the fire wall, WAHHOO
dust

Old 02-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Well, again off internet brings in more info than on internet

buly had one problem with this pump - it stopped fuel flow when not on - had to re-plumb around it, mmmmmm
dust

Old 02-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Just talked to Ean - asked about the internal bypass - they come with and without it - buly was sold the wrong one

great having good suppliers
dust