Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > New Member Introductions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 04:34 PM

Default Hello From Central MN

Hi there everyone,

Hows everyone doing? MNBenny here from Central Minnesota. I just Joined the forum because I am going to be looking at getting the plans from Aerocanard to build either their FG or their SX model. What I am wondering is what tips do you folks suggest someone new to building? The reason I am considering building is because its cheaper for me to start building. Plus under FAA rules if I buy someone elses canard I can't work on it. Which one of many reasons why I am going this route.

thoughts?

thank you,

MNBenny
Central Minnesota
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Hello From Central MN

Aerocanard is a very, very small company. Cozy 4 plans are redly available from AS&S.

Retracts, most swear at them, expensive and prone to failure.

Aerocanard is a copy of the cozy plans from a failed deal with Nat Puffer and the prior owner of Aerocanard.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 PM
G.Norman

There was a time I had both plans in my hand. If you're going to build an Aerocanard then you should get the plans from them. Little difference between the two planes such as the turtleback and fuselage is a bit wider in the back and the canopy is dimensionally a bit different on the Aerocanard. Otherwise from a visual standpoint its difficult to tell them apart.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:47 AM

Hi Neverquits,

I am ok with that. I am of the mindset that all canards are of a basic design. They all came from one person. His name is Burt Routan. Sometimes changes are not easy to take. Even if all they are are just slight improvements. As long as the FAA approves them. who are we to argue. Please don't mistake my coments for being rude or being disrespectful. I am just stating my opinion. I am also more than willing to admit that I could be wrong to.

All I want to do is to start networking with other builders for tips and hints on how to build this canard.

take care,

MNBenny
Old 08-28-2011, 12:49 AM

But Dust.......is right to punish someone who was never connected to the "incident" that you speak of?I think we all should embrace Aero cad, and welcome the company to the canard communtiy.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBenny View Post
As long as the FAA approves them. who are we to argue.
MNBenny
heh heh , no such thing
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world