Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Forum Area Info and Rules > Forum Improvement Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2005, 07:02 PM

Default new thoughts,old builders

what if dust was to find all the posting about what chapters we were on and we post every month or so that way we can see our and others progressing along the way, some times we get stuck at a spot for so long we think we are building back wards your thoughts
Old 10-01-2005, 12:49 AM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve parkins
what if dust was to find all the posting about what chapters we were on and we post every month or so that way we can see our and others progressing along the way, some times we get stuck at a spot for so long we think we are building back wards your thoughts
I really like the idea... I enjoy reading Dust's ongoing Plane Days post as well as his engine saga... maybe we need a section that is jsut builder log posts. I know a lot of us keep a website, but why not also have a section where we can just each start a thread about our plane, ala... "Tortise paced build of LongEZ 555LE" where we can put just a quick blurb every so often about where we are and maybe a link to the more detailed webpage.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear you like my weekly description of plane day - i will keep it up.

the plane day folder is not mine any more than this forum is "mine" all a builder need to do is go to the folder, start a plane day thread and post to it often - done deal.

i will change the title of my thread to "dusts" plane day

builders - have at it, post away
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 10-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
Excellent idea, but it's not Dust's job, it's the builder's. Each should start his own "progress log". I found my own very self-motivating - hey gotta get on with this - people are watching. Another added value was the feedback - I'd get email saying "That picture of you're winglet looks strange...." or "maybe you should consider this (URL) turbo" etc. etc.Mike - we need a subsection for this - "Builder's Individual Progress Logs." I'll start one when I get over the trip.

I gave the Kitty a quick visit this afternoon. She looks pretty slick. 90% of the paintwork is absolutely excellent, if I say so myself. Just a little buffing to get the dust and bugs out of the finish and it'll be spectacular. The other 10% - hmmm. There are two small areas with runs - Char's winglet inside surface and the pilot side canopy. Maybe this'll polish out. There are also a few areas I missed on the second coat - it was getting dark - and you can just see the grey primer through the paint here and there. I think I'll rough these areas up and blow a second coat over them. In a couple of places what I thought was a "perfectly smooth finish" wasnt, and you can see the dips and bumps through the paint. In these areas its not as good as it was before, but it'll have to do. After I sanded away the smoothprime in a couple of places, Wayne's pinhole dance is there in a couple of spots, but it takes two to tango and I aint dancin. Time to mask up for the trim color....