Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > FLYING INFO AND STORIES > FIRST FLIGHTS & COMPLETIONS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2005, 09:23 PM
LongEZ-RG

Default FLIGHT DATA RECORDER

I just finished a simple program that will display and record GPS and or EFIS data. Tony (RV6) will be flight testing the software, but it looks like it should perform as advertised.

When loaded on an IBM computer (laptop), the software can connect to a GPS and/or an Dynon EFIS (10 or 10A). The recorder displays the data, PLUS, it can record the data at user selected intervals from 1/60th of a second up to once every 30 seconds.

The stored data file is a tab delimited text file that can be uploaded into any spreadsheet program, or read with any text editor.

This will be a great improvement for collecting flight data during any testing activity, No need to write down speeds, altitudes, headings, etc, etc.

Your welcome to download and use this software. You can find it on my web site at :

www.iflyez.com

If you have any recommendations or find any bugs, send me an e-mail

Waiter
Old 10-05-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Question Waiter on Compatability??

Hi Waiter, would you Know if this program will be compatible with the new D-100? Looks like an awsome tool...I would think you could sell EULA to Dynon as a plus up to there already robust package. I just flew a CSAR EX with 4 A-10's today...what a blast! Having a Hog 100' off of your Helo at 175' agl is an awsome sight. Later and thanks for the hard programming work you kindly distribute for free! (your website is a great resource for a cherry builder like myself) V/R Sully
Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULLY-H60
Hi Waiter, would you Know if this program will be compatible with the new D-100? Looks like an awsome tool...I would think you could sell EULA to Dynon as a plus up to there already robust package. I just flew a CSAR EX with 4 A-10's today...what a blast! Having a Hog 100' off of your Helo at 175' agl is an awsome sight. Later and thanks for the hard programming work you kindly distribute for free! (your website is a great resource for a cherry builder like myself) V/R Sully

Have you ever flown a JAAT?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Sure have...

I have done multiple ops with USAF, USNAV from SARTF (Search And Rescue Task Force) to JAAT's and various other Ops. FW and Helo guys usually don't mix well, however on those mission sets it is usually quite fluid. A-10's are best as they like to get in the dirt with us rotor heads.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULLY-H60
I have done multiple ops with USAF, USNAV from SARTF (Search And Rescue Task Force) to JAAT's and various other Ops. FW and Helo guys usually don't mix well, however on those mission sets it is usually quite fluid. A-10's are best as they like to get in the dirt with us rotor heads.
Sorry 'bout this!

I too loved the A-10s. Could actually hear the gun over the sound of the Cobra. Made my 20 seem pretty sad! An A-10 live fire was always something to behold. Were you in a 64 for the JAAT? I've never flown any ops with an A-10 outside of Attack/Cav. Course I gladly gave it up to be in the better bird.

Had one try to do me in with a Maverick in the stateside sandbox. Missle's fault not the pilot's or airframe. Wakes one up however.

Good luck. I've flown the 10th Mountain guys a lot.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:42 AM

I flew MH60 (Gen 1) for 5 years with fixed forward M-134 working non-standard mission sets, lots of OW, SOF, CSAR etc. Back working conventional ops now...these days conventional guys are flying spooks as freq as anybody else.

I guess we will take the double whammy on the off topic

Cobra was a nice bird and after rolling into Afghanistan all the 64 guys had to re-learn diving fire as that became a lost art in the world of high tech gizmos! Just the same my hat is off to the 64 community...on more than one occasion the NC NG 64's pulled my lift flying but out of a sling! Lift guys always hate the gunbunny at the bar...but boy do they love them in the battle space! I have said enough about that...PM or e-mail me and we will chat it up!

Hi Waiter...nice program!...see we are back on topic!
Old 10-06-2005, 07:53 AM
LongEZ-RG

As for the Recorder, I'll check with DYNON and see if they have released their output format yet. If I get a format, it won't take to long to write the code to support it. Then I'll have to see if I can find someone who owns one to test it.

You guys are discusting, I buy your fuel, and you go out and have fun. (I'm envious)

All my time is in EC-135s (Looking Glass, circa 1970) when they used to inject water. I enjoyed it. A little time in the NEACAP 747s (E-4 I think), and about 30 hours of F-16 sim time, nice plane, handles like a LongEZ.

Waiter