Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > PreBuild Planning and ACTIONS > Plane Day
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Default What is "Plane Day"

Most build their planes nightly and weekendly, every day until they burn out. Six years ago my brother in law and I decided to build 2 Cozies, ONE day a week. A year later I took on a partner, thane. The three of us meet one day a week and build cozies.

NOTHING STOPS PLANE DAY, well almost nothing stops it. We can be that way because it is only one day a week and we still have our lives.

One thing we have done with "Plane Day" is open it up to prebuilders. Each week from 1 to 5 prebuilders or just building for fun people come to Plane Day and build planes.

I don't give tours of the plane, takes too much time out of the one day a week build, we do however educate, answer all questions and feed our slaves, I mean prebuilders, I mean helpers GREAT food and a union pop break at 2:00 each week.

I also put those who travel a distance to get here up at my home the night before, so they can start work fresh in the morning and talk cozies alllllllllllll night long.

Others on this forum have had occasional plane days in various parts of the world and have enjoyed it.

Most of those who have spent the day, or days or many days building are now builders themselves.

The best part of the day is after a new slave, I mean Helper, does a layup from start to finish, including mixing the thick and thin micro, maybe some 5 minute epoxy, regular epoxy, cuts the glass, spreads the thin micro, patches with the thick micro, lays on and wets out the layers and layers of glass and peel ply and then looks up and says

THATS ALL THERE IS TOO IT.

Troy/Brighton Michigan
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 10-11-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Pland Day

Plane Day sounds great what day of the wk. is it, and were is it?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Our Plane Day is in Brighton, Michigan

It is every Sunday, unless it is Saturday, this week it is Saturday, always starts at 9 am and ends at 4 to 6 depending on what is being done

Sometimes it is every Saturday, unless it is Sunday

PM me for info
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 01-16-2007, 06:08 PM

Default My plane day!!!!!

Hey all,
Just got home and sitting in my garage is a brand spankin new main spar from Dennis Oelmann!!!! I also have wing cores and winglets comming in a few weeks and controls from CG products, so I'm stoked big time. I plan on getting back to building in about a month and a half and I'm getting parts commin my way so I can push in the clutch and put it high gear and start makin a mess again!!!!!

LOL anyway, I'll put up some pics soon when I get everything in a pile
Press on
Tom ( since I'm getting tubes from CG does that mean like totaly tubular dude ????)
Old 01-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Sounds like you're accumulating quite a pile of parts. Cool

I noticed the user name - Magnum. While in West Palm I had a vist from a guy of that name with his partner. They were planning to build a Cozy and wanted to crawl around in mine. Magnum was a pretty big guy, IIRC. Was that you?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:50 PM

No john, that was not me. I talked to you a while back when I first decided to build when I was living in Costa Rica. We talked about the B 13's that I had found there but it was too expensive to get them here.
Press on
Tom
Old 08-09-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: What takes so long to build a cozy?

Too/Two/to much time on the computer. Take away at least a couple of days a month!!!
ukef ace:
Old 04-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: What is "Plane Day"

Plane day was not a success!

I think it only was for one - Drew, no other visitors that i know of are building.

Many came, Many learned, a few started

Only one person that i know of is actually building
dust

Old 04-28-2008, 09:43 AM
G.Norman

Default Re: What is "Plane Day"

Ahem!