Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > PreBuild Planning and ACTIONS > Plane Day
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2005, 03:04 AM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Default The trials of building a Long

Well, after much negotiation I managed to wrangle a nice space to build my plane in. It is well lit, heated, insulated has the National Guard watching over it, and has an air compressor the size of a small passenger car. Plus I cant beat the cost.

So, now all I have to do is move my foam and fibreglass from Murfreesboro to its new home at Smyrna.... build a table and then get to glassing.

Oh, and I installed the webcam tonight... I'll get it put on my webpage tommorow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1400  
Old 10-05-2005, 04:06 AM
It's all Greek to me

Congratulations Nathan,
that's indeed a huge working space.
I'm still bogged down with work, but when ready I'll set up a webcam too.
Kumaros
It's all Greek to me
Old 10-05-2005, 09:30 AM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Dear Nathan,
Are you in the row of privately owned hangers with Steve Wright and his EAA chapter members?
...Chrissi

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 10-05-2005, 01:21 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Girrrl
Dear Nathan,
Are you in the row of privately owned hangers with Steve Wright and his EAA chapter members?
...Chrissi
Chrissi...

No, I'm actually right behind them in an old WWII hangar. I can walk out front and look into their hangar across a parking lot. I've seen them out there a few days, however I've yet to get the nerve to walk over and say hi.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

JonC - get you buttttt over there - i guarantee that you will be welcomed with open arms and plenty of canard talk
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 10-05-2005, 01:46 PM
LongEZ-RG

And on your way there, stop by my place and I'll show you what a REAL canard is supposed to look like!

(I-75 and I-80 interchange)

Waiter
Old 10-05-2005, 01:49 PM
G.Norman

I-75 & I-80!! Waiter, expect a visit sometime next week. I've been doing the MI-OH bounce at least once a week lately.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

waiter - did you notice mplafleur and i waving on i75 each time we passed to and from RR.
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 10-05-2005, 02:00 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter
And on your way there, stop by my place and I'll show you what a REAL canard is supposed to look like!

(I-75 and I-80 interchange)

Waiter
Waiter... believe me, you are on the list of people that I have to visit. Your plane is fast becoming what I want mine to be.... except for Blue Mountain instead of Dynon. and a rotary instead of a certified.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:38 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Finally got my digital camera to work right, so here are some better pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0407.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	1401  Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0408.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	1402  Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0410.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	1403  Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0411.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1404  
Old 10-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

So those are the better pics - did you go to the steve parkins photo school? what are they pics of?
dust

Old 10-06-2005, 01:35 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
So those are the better pics - did you go to the steve parkins photo school? what are they pics of?
Well, they are pictures of the shop... however they appear to be very dark on any computer but my own... so I dunno.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:01 PM
LongEZ-RG

Very Interesting! I looked at these photos yesterday, and they appeared OK. (I was on my computer at work, don't tell the boss )

I just looked at them from my house, and they are very dark, even the thumbs. I'll check again when I go back to work.

I use the same browser (Avant) and Operating system (WinXP) at work and home? I don't have an explaination for this

Quote:
waiter - did you notice mplafleur and i waving on i75 each time we passed to and from RR
I wondered who those crazy fools were hanging out the car window! . I'm glad to hear RR was a success, Hopefully, I'll be able to get there next year!

Waiter
Old 10-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Waiter - as a long time flier - please comment on my idea of the "raffle" for next year
dust

Old 10-06-2005, 02:55 PM
LongEZ-RG

The photos definitely look brighter here at work. ALSO, I notice the Avatars are also brighter, i.e there is detail in JonC that I couldn't see at home, i.e. instrument panel, facial features.

The monitor here is a Viewsonic LCD, but all the other settings are the same???????

I can't explain it???

Waiter