Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > PreBuild Planning and ACTIONS > Plane Day
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2005, 02:48 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter
The photos definitely look brighter here at work. ALSO, I notice the Avatars are also brighter, i.e there is detail in JonC that I couldn't see at home, i.e. instrument panel, facial features.

The monitor here is a Viewsonic LCD, but all the other settings are the same???????

I can't explain it???

Waiter
Waiter...

I've noticed the same thing. I have LCDs at home and just a plain CRT at the hangar. The LCDs show much more brightness and contrast, my desktop and laptop. While the CRT at the hangar shows the images fairly dark. So maybe it is just a shortcoming between LCDs and CRTs?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:01 PM

This ended up in the wrong thread.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:02 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Default Now for a real update...

I spent most of last night out at the hangar doing the preliminary stuff before continuing building...

I bled down all the air lines in the shop... they had been sitting unused for about 2-3 years, and the last thing I wanted to do was use one and blow nasty rusty water all over my plane.

Also spent about 2-3 hours replacing all the outlets in the shop, the ones that were in there were old bakelite style ones that appeared to have been there since the hangar was built and were falling apart each time you plugged something in... It is nice to know that I have four 20amp 120volt circuits, plus three 50amp 220volt circuits... I do not have outlets on the 220's yet because I really do not have a need for them, so they are capped and covered in their boxes.

I also installed a 24 hour florescent light in there so that I don't try and kill myself again coming in at night... I have a huge bruise on my knee and arm where I tripped over a pipe someone left laying out while trying to get to the light switch... The shop is lit normally by 4 huge metal-halide lamps which throw out more light than I really need.

Tonight's task... if i can find a truck to use... is to get the plywood and 2x4's to build the work table and also an extra workbench, plus take some scrap wood and make a fibreglass/peelply rack on the wall.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:28 PM
LongEZ-RG

ALRIGHT, Sounds like the Build is about to commence.

Waiter
Old 10-08-2005, 03:37 AM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Well, the workbench lumber did not make it to the hangar tonight It will be here tommorow, so I get to build the bench tommorow morning and hopefully get started tommorow evening.

Instead of being totally unproductive, I actually accompished a good amount. I totally finished installing the new outlets, so no more fire hazard. I moved some stuff around and cleaned a bit. As well as also spending about 2 hours in the ceiling of the womens bathroom running a network cable to the shop.

As a side note... Only in an large old hangar or building would you find out that there is an air handler that is hooked up to nothing that has been running for the past 3 years for no reason.

Oh, and the HangarCam is finally totally up.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
the ceiling of the womens bathroom running a network cable...the HangarCam is finally totally up.
You're sick, Nathan, sick. sick sick.

What people will do to get viewers. Geesh.

By the way, did you pick the "triple nickle" registration number on purpose?
(See http://www.ecobb.net/Denver.htm)
Old 10-08-2005, 11:45 AM
It's all Greek to me

So Nathan, for those who tune in you're promising a medley of the old hangar from "Forever Young" with the girls bathroom from "Porky's" , hopefully without coach Ballbreaker .
Kumaros
It's all Greek to me
Old 10-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Actively building

Be sure to hook up the speakers to the hanger computer so we can yell at you while you work...
Old 10-08-2005, 02:07 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Slade
You're sick, Nathan, sick. sick sick.

What people will do to get viewers. Geesh.

By the way, did you pick the "triple nickle" registration number on purpose?
(See http://www.ecobb.net/Denver.htm)
Actually, I picked up that reg number by another way... one of the planes I used to fly was N55545, and our KingAir is N5LE, so i just took a combination of the two and ended up with N555LE since it is quite easy to say. 555LE was actually a California Microwave LongEZ before I got it, however I cannot seem to find anything about the plane.

And as for the womens bathroom, well, that is the only point there was a hole in the cinderblock wall to get the cable through... it was either that or I'd have to climb up to the top of the two story office part and run the cable down through the ceiling of it into the phone room and then out into the shop... so I took the easier of the two.

The womens bathroom has not been used in about two years, so nothing going on there anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack F.
Be sure to hook up the speakers to the hanger computer so we can yell at you while you work...
I've thought of it... maybe use MS Agent to speak instant messages or something so I don't have to run back and forth to read the messages.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:13 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

So, the game is afoot!

The materials for the table have been delivered, and the building of it has begun, I was hoping to get some fibreglass done tonight, but it looks like it will be tommorow.

In other news, I did set up a way for you guys to harass me when I'm at the hangar.... if you have AIM you can send a message to N555LE and the computer will speak the messages to me... now, don't abuse it
Old 10-08-2005, 08:56 PM

i saw you looking at me....... so i'm looking at you
Old 10-08-2005, 11:59 PM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Well, the first layup is done!

Now to wait and see how it turns out... I only did the rear seatback just in case I mess it up bad... not as much foam to replace.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Fellow Long-EZ builder

JonC,

Nice to see a fellow Long EZ builder! All the talk these days is about Cozy, Velocity, etc... I'm building a Long EZ that was purchased as an unfinished project. Even starting with a nearly complete fuselage, canard and wings it is a huge task!

BTW, I like the web cam, it looks like you are building a small table right now.

--Scott
Old 10-09-2005, 08:57 AM

Jon,
Glad to see progress. There a lot less Longs being started than Cozys. The mission for the two ACs ia similar but not exact. In the beginning you make a bunch of parts and try to find places to store them. Later, you try to find the parts and assemble them into one part.

Joe Berki
Limo EZ
Old 10-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Well i can say this, I'm just a bit joules of your building log.
i think its time start answering your questions,you must have a few by now?