Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Just plane stupid comments and conversations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: NON english - english

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
So, Dave, does this mean you are volunteering to help our spanish speaking individuals post.

yo comprendo solomente ciento y cinquenta, mas o menos, parablas por la espaniol. no es bueno to actually translate from one language to another.
Babblefish translation :"I single understand one hundred and cinquenta, but or less, parablas by espaniol. it is not good"

The point I am trying to make is there is TOOOOOOOOO much jibberish and slang in English here to decipher, let alone other languages. For crying out loud people, take some pride in your writing skills, or lack of. Keep a dictionary nearby the computor and refere to it often.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:08 AM
MarkIV N513DP Cozy540Xtra

Youse guyz are slaying Lucy and me...
My Cuban trumpet ees bleetink in Karaaazy rhythm with those cool-cat bongos, baby. !!! Translate that into Babblefish backwards!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Well Dave, your comment is right on point! Any spanish speaking person would have chuckled at my poor spelling and bad grammar and then easily rewritten it.

We have many languages here and a surprising number of people in the world are english literate, but do not feel they are fluent enough to post.

The moderation option is a very convenient one for any that would like to use it, just PM me
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-14-2007, 07:37 PM
w/ Spinner and Paddlefoot

Red face Re: NON english - english

Um, yeah.

Don't confuse translate with transliterate.

To transliterate means to use the same words or as close as possible to the same words' meaning in another language. To translate, you have to include (this is a stretch for many here, I know) grammatical and even colloquial phrasing so that the one listening has the benefit of the meaning of the writing and not just the word by word rendering in another language.

Since I'm married to a Cuban, I have learned there is more to a difference in language than the words themselves.

Viva la difference - French
Plans #618, a tub, and everything I need to go to chapter 11 except: TIME! and a cold beer

"I'll do the "thinnin'" around here, Bobba Looey" ! - Quicksdraw McGraw