Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > FLYING INFO AND STORIES > FIRST FLIGHTS & COMPLETIONS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Default Another rotary turbo flyer - almost....

I just spoke with Buly down in Ft. Lauderdale. He did his first high speed taxi test this afternoon. Look for a first flight any day now.....

Buly's engine is identical to mine except that it's a cosmo which should give him a little more power. He's running a stock turbo, EC2 controller, HC rotors, 3mm seals and RD1B redrive. He told me that the plane reached 55 kts very quickly using only 30 MAP. For those building wider this will be an important first flight. Buly's fuselage is wider than stock.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Slade
I just spoke with Bully down in Ft. Lauderdale. He did his first high speed taxi test this afternoon. Look for a first flight any day now.....

Bully's engine is identical to mine except that it's a Cosmo which should give him a little more power. He's running a stock turbo, EC2 controller, HC rotors, 3mm seals and RD1B redrive. He told me that the plane reached 55 kts very quickly using only 30 MAP. For those building wider this will be an important first flight. Buly's fuselage is wider than stock.
go burly, will he be posting a big rite up like you did ? if not................Will you,humble sir rite it for him?
you dont rite any more now that you a big shot pilot
Old 02-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

I'll let Buly tell his own story.

I'm not writing as much because I've been busier than usual with work. I'm taking notes and will write when time permits.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Slade
I'll let Buly tell his own story.

I'm not writing as much because I've been busier than usual with work. I'm taking notes and will write when time permits.
TY, i do miss your right-ups. if you start a rv 10 we could all read to are harts content...lol
Old 02-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
you start a rv 10
Why would I want to buy a "Recreational Vehicle" that goes 60 mph and uses 8 gallons/mile?

The only problem with a Cozy is that you can't tow a boat, or a spare car behind it. But, you can rent them when you get there, save a fortune on gas and spend a lot more time on the boat.