Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Just plane stupid comments and conversations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2006, 10:40 AM
G.Norman

Okay, here it is. Symmetry. The ultimate finish we're all striving to accomplish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	symmetry_sm.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	2636  Click image for larger version

Name:	symmetry2.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	2637  Click image for larger version

Name:	symmetry4.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	2638  Click image for larger version

Name:	symmetry6.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	2639  Click image for larger version

Name:	symmetry3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	2640  

Name:	symmetry5.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	2641  

Last edited by neverquit : 08-08-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Cozy MkIV #1348

Here is one to think about when you hear 'caution, wake turbulence'

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1091105/L/

Mark
Old 08-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

WOW mark and Greg - GREAT pics. One to be extra wary of and the other to try and come close
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-08-2006, 09:07 PM

... or this one.

http://p.airliners.net/photos/middle/6/4/9/0332946.jpg
Old 08-09-2006, 03:00 PM

This is my first attempt ever to load a pix so pardon any errors... but if I do mess up it will be appropriate at least

John
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	OH NO.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	2647  
Old 08-11-2006, 10:34 PM

Just one last thing before I get back to work. Here's a fresh shot looking out the window... And oddly enough a Dragonfly just flew by. I don't know how it got inside the building though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010029.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	920.5 KB
ID:	2661  
Old 08-18-2006, 09:52 AM

Cool canard concept:
(Look at the plane in the picture):
http://flash.aopa.org/technology/

A C-wing canard and at the same time seems to have all that my "dream canard" would have in terms of configuration, style and equipment.
--- Plans #000 at concepting stage ---
JAA-PPL(A) with NF & RT/E, UPL. WT9-Dynamic, TL-96 Star, Zephyr 2000, C152, C172 (& waiting the crashed diesel planes to get fixed )
Old 08-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Is that a real plane, cause, the engine cowl looks to slope in way too fast
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-18-2006, 12:49 PM

Could be just a artist's conception. But beautiful it is (IMHO).
JAA-PPL(A) with NF & RT/E, UPL. WT9-Dynamic, TL-96 Star, Zephyr 2000, C152, C172 (& waiting the crashed diesel planes to get fixed )
Old 08-19-2006, 11:43 AM

Yes, I have the printed issue, and it is just the artist concept of "Future Tech".

B
Old 08-19-2006, 12:31 PM

Yes, nice styling. But just think, if they swept the wings to put the winglets further behind, you wouldn't need to haul around those two booms. It looks like a turbo-prop, there's not much distance between the prop and the ground already. Because of that it's very limited on pitch near the ground.

If you've ever sat in a smaller, rounded fuselage like that, you'll find that you need to kink your head toward the center of the aircraft.

C-wings? Will we be seeing upside-down G wings soon? Or spiral-tip wings?

That Adams aircraft, based here, flies out all the time. It just left a little while ago (nice rainy IFR day) on an IFR flight into Kansas. The tail on that really is enormous. Too much material. Compare that tail with the tail you have on a standard twin. Cool and distinctive styling sells but there's got to be performance loss. So now they want to put jets on it. Compare that tail with what a typical biz-jet hauls around. Why do it? I wouldn't buy one if i were responsible for using the company's money.

Last edited by tnt : 08-19-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:35 PM
G.Norman

Saw this Piaggio 180 Avanti II at Oshkosh. There's one here at PTK. For the price of this bird you can have a jet. The inside is as beautiful is the outside. But got to hand it to those Italians when you want something sexy.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Avanti II Piaggio.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	2701  
Old 08-22-2006, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt
That Adams aircraft, based here, flies out all the time. It just left a little while ago (nice rainy IFR day) on an IFR flight into Kansas. The tail on that really is enormous. Too much material. Compare that tail with the tail you have on a standard twin. Cool and distinctive styling sells but there's got to be performance loss. So now they want to put jets on it. Compare that tail with what a typical biz-jet hauls around. Why do it? I wouldn't buy one if i were responsible for using the company's money.
I guess you are aware that the designer of that Adam Aircraft was actually Burt Rutan?
http://www.scaled.com/projects/Adam_M309.html
Old 08-22-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoliina
I guess you are aware that the designer of that Adam Aircraft was actually Burt Rutan?
http://www.scaled.com/projects/Adam_M309.html
I know that his company manufactured it at a client's request. I assume the client gave him at least some sketches of what he wanted and BurtCo then helped tweek the engineering. For $$, wouldn't you build a clients plane you thought was a dud? By the way, I saw the jet-powered Adams fly in yesterday afternoon. Its also on this weeks cover of AviationWeek with a write-up. Only it's appearance is appealing (to some), they aren't talking about it's performance, or lack of it.

Oh, back to the AOPA plane. You notice that additional vertical stabilizer on the mid fuselage, in addition to on the end of the booms? No skilled aero engineer would see the need to give it that many vertical stabilizers. Clearly designed by a graphics artist, surprised he didn't throw canards on the front of the boom too. The c-tip is probably the graphics artists attempted thinking.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt
I know that his company manufactured it at a client's request. I assume the client gave him at least some sketches of what he wanted and BurtCo then helped tweek the engineering.
Scaled did the design - not "tweak" the engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt
For $$, wouldn't you build a clients plane you thought was a dud?
Ummm, no-one tells Burt how to design planes :-). It's Scaled's design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt
Oh, back to the AOPA plane. You notice that additional vertical stabilizer on the mid fuselage, in addition to on the end of the booms?
That's not on the mid-fuse - it's the other wingtip's "C" winglet. Look carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt
No skilled aero engineer would see the need to give it that many vertical stabilizers.
And they didn't, cause it's not there. Winglets on the wings, and two vertical tails on the booms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt
Clearly designed by a graphics artist, surprised he didn't throw canards on the front of the boom too. The c-tip is probably the graphics artists attempted thinking.
Disagree. C-tip testing has shown aerodynamic advantages (at some structrural cost, not surprisingly).

To me, that actually looks like a pretty well thought out aircraft.