Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > PreBuild Planning and ACTIONS > Plane Day
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Ha, ha! I had just finished painting some new siding I put up and was inside watching the tube, which I don't watch too often. But AMC was showing a new western they made (I love westerns) that I missed when I was in Mexico.
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 07-07-2006, 08:46 AM
G.Norman

Dave you must have rolled through just before the police chase and rollover ended just in front of city hall (bad day for him). The guy ran nearly across Mike's lawn.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverquit
Dave you must have rolled through just before the police chase and rollover ended just in front of city hall (bad day for him). The guy ran nearly across Mike's lawn.
That started as a State Police chase. Our guy's got involved in it also and thank god for ME, there were no accidents! Turned out to be one of your local thugs who lives in your 'hood. Thats all I can say.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Finally at Chapter 4!

That's right, I forgot all about all the noise last night. I was quite annoyed. All the tires squealing, police sirens going and fire/rescue trucks honking was disturbing my western watching.

We'll have to catch up on that one later.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:10 AM
G.Norman

Quote:
That's right, I forgot all about all the noise last night. I was quite annoyed. All the tires squealing, police sirens going and fire/rescue trucks honking
Yeah, usually a typical day where I'm at. Wish I was a bit further away from the highway.

Quote:
Turned out to be one of your local thugs who lives in your 'hood.
What? Thugs in MY hood ?? We have nothing here but wonderful multi-ethnic, same-sex, and young (like me) couples living here.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:56 PM

This isn't exactly inspiring me to make the long long long trip to plane day.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:49 PM
G.Norman

Marb and folks.....

Dave works near and around my hood (glad to have him around here). Airplane factory is in the country about an hour away.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleTurtle
This isn't exactly inspiring me to make the long long long trip to plane day.
Watch out, the Lathrup Village Airplane factories are only a couple of miles from the infamous "8 Mile".
Old 07-08-2006, 11:39 PM

Not so "infamous" around these parts... what's "the" 8 mile?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleTurtle
Not so "infamous" around these parts... what's "the" 8 mile?
Thats a major road that seperates the city of Detroit from the "suburbs". If you really want to see what "Detoilet" is really like, rent the movie "Eight Mile" staring our own famous white trash, hip-hop, gangsta wannbe; "Emminem". He is a first class P.O.S. born and raised in Warren, another city that borbers 8 mile just like the city I work in,,Southfield.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:39 AM
Finally at Chapter 4!

I had made the mention of "8-Mile" rather sarcastically. Can any place really be safe?

We moved into the city 3 years ago. We used to live out in the 'burbs, in Brighton. Only a few miles from Dave actually. Our neighbors' house was broken into and ours was staked out by a serial killer.

I like our neigborhood, except for the taxes. W're the second highest taxed city in the state. The taxes on our currect home, at half the value of our old home, are twice that of the old home.

Did that make sense?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:53 AM

Last Sunday was a fairly productive day. Finished up the I/P cover, some more sanding and fill around the landing/taxi lights, fabricated two battery boxes with hold downs for twin Oddessy batteries, and finished the Bob Bittner designed "Shark Hook" canopy latch handle lock. We decided to fabricate the C1-L handle and C2-L hooks per plans except used .125 non-magnetic SS instead of aluminum to minimize wear on the bearing surfaces. We needed to keep everything within 2' of one of the BM antennas non-magnetic, and the latch system is within that distance, so everything is either Non-magnetic SS or aluminum,,,including the fasteners. For anyone fabricating in SS, it is not anymore difficult than the 2130 steel you are used to using. Just be sure your drill bits are sharp and the saw blade is a new Bi-Metal. The stuff cuts like butter. After all that, I managed to slip away 2 hours early and finished up the installation of a C/A unit in my sons new home and was pleasantly surprised when I flipped the switch on and it actually worked. The builder charges $3500 for the option and it cost only $1500 for the unit and instalation materials.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:41 AM
G.Norman

Dave,
Finally finished the FHC "car rear deck hinge" mod you came up with. It works GREAT! I'd suggest anyone thinking of a front hinge canopy on a Cozy to consider this instead of the C-hinge. I mostly like it's stability. No side-to-side wobble. I used 95 VW Rabbit rear deck hinge with integrated pistons. I actually got the pistons to fit. Not sure why Thane decided to remove them but to each their own. Great idea Dave.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Dave,
Finally finished the FHC "car rear deck hinge" mod you came up with. It works GREAT! I'd suggest anyone thinking of a front hinge canopy on a Cozy to consider this instead of the C-hinge. I mostly like it's stability. No side-to-side wobble. I used 95 VW Rabbit rear deck hinge with integrated pistons. I actually got the pistons to fit. Not sure why Thane decided to remove them but to each their own. Great idea Dave.
Glad it worked for you Greg! How do the air pistons work?? Are the powerfull enough?? Thane wanted to stick as close to plans as possible and there was still alot of work and engineering to do on the latch system. The conversion back to side opening was actually less than a days work.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Bob Hassel

Quote:
Dave,
Where do I find out more? I searched on "car rear deck hinge"

Thanks,

Bob
Cozy Plans #749
Chapter 4
Santa Fe, NM

http://www.cozyworld.net
http://www.hassel-usa.com