Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > FLYING INFO AND STORIES > Pre Canard Flying Flying Stories and Questions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2006, 05:29 PM

Default B-17 Bomber, the Flying Fortress Aluminum Overcast in Houston

Ok, guys and gals, on Oct 24 & 25, 2006 (Tuesday and Wednesday of next week), EAA's B-17 the Aluminum Overcast will be visiting Ellington Field in Houston, Texas. EAA Chapter 12 is hosting the event and we have invited the Colling's Foundation West to show their birds as well (F-4 Phantom, Huey's, Migs etc).

If you are around Houston during those dates and would like to take a flight go to www.b17.org for flight information and cost or just come tour the plane for A LOT less $$$. I got to fly to Tulsa when the B-17 was here a few years ago, and it is one of the highlights of my life. It was GREEAAT! I cannot overstate what a thrill that flight was. If you can make the opportunity, it is WELL worth your time and expense.

Also, if you are in town a few days earlier, one of the top four airshows in the country, "Wings Over Houston", is also being held at Ellington. This year featuring the USAF Thunderbirds. We are opening my hagar, Alpha Papa, on that Saturday, Oct 21, 2006. to show off our projects and provide a little Texas BBQ. Please stop by and say hi, have a bite and take a gander.

I have attached a flyer in pdf format for the B-17....feel free to distribute it if you like . If you have any question, feel free to contact me. Thanks.

All the best,

Chris
EAA Chapter 12, President
Oldest Chapter in Texas
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B17 Flyer.pdf (227.4 KB, 15 views)