Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Instuments / Avionics / Electrical System
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: DIY-EFIS

Indeed, very cheap basis for DIY-efis on budget thing.
On the other hand, it is not all in that and the micro controller which is needed in between the accelerometers, sensors and the 770 (or N800), may cost more than that when it gets done (not done yet), so the budget is not all in that figure.

Current status of the EFIS project on the software side is that I am happy to announce that we have attracted a new active OSS developer on the project (Naveen Verma). He has been hacking gtkmm & Hildon C++ bindings on it lately. As far as I know, it does not work at all currently, but the ability of using C++ may make development a step more convenient in the future. So progress is happening slowly. But it is quite likely that the progress will be so slow in the near term future that 770 will be a really old product once our thing gets definition usable for the end users...
--- Plans #000 at concepting stage ---
JAA-PPL(A) with NF & RT/E, UPL. WT9-Dynamic, TL-96 Star, Zephyr 2000, C152, C172 (& waiting the crashed diesel planes to get fixed )

Last edited by karoliina : 06-25-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:28 PM

Have you seen http://www.oceanserver-store.com/oskit3axdico.html ?

This is only $299 for a complete hardware kit to performe 3 axis pitch, roll and heading. Includes a magnetic compass as well. The sensors are $246 quantity 1 at: http://www.wdlsystems.com/modperl/vi...e&aisle_id=860

Would be an easy hardware start to an EFIS project.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoliina View Post
Indeed, very cheap basis for DIY-efis on budget thing.
On the other hand, it is not all in that and the micro controller which is needed in between the accelerometers, sensors and the 770 (or N800), may cost more than that when it gets done (not done yet), so the budget is not all in that figure.

Current status of the EFIS project on the software side is that I am happy to announce that we have attracted a new active OSS developer on the project (Naveen Verma). He has been hacking gtkmm & Hildon C++ bindings on it lately. As far as I know, it does not work at all currently, but the ability of using C++ may make development a step more convenient in the future. So progress is happening slowly. But it is quite likely that the progress will be so slow in the near term future that 770 will be a really old product once our thing gets definition usable for the end users...
Most excellent. If you poke around your server access logs, you'll see I've been pining after your project over the past couple of weeks. I wish I had some talent I could bring to the project.