Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Just plane canard talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
G.Norman

Default JD and Infinity

JD replied to my request for turnaround time for brakes for a Cozy MKIV. He called me AND sent an email stating all the stuff was in stock. He sent me a quote and asked to respond before he went to OSH. We chatted fo awhile and I said to send the stuff. He said he was getting better and going to OSH regardless. He sent his Costco photos of his recovery in the hospital. If anyone's interested I'll forward the email to you with the link.

Got a confirmation from FedEx the Matco brake assembly is on the way BEFORE he received any money from me. -Thanks JD
Old 07-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Default Re: JD and Infinity

Maybe my gear will be in the same box...

(for those who don't know, we live on the same street)
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Got Foam?

I had a chance to sit down with JD & Pat last Thursday up in his hometown. What a pair of accomodating folks. They both have been very helpful indeed.
I brought along a list of questions and JD marched through them all one by one and made sure I had everything answered before I headed for home.

Very impressed.
We add rocket's to everything!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:47 PM

I concur, TMann.

I stopped by JD's shop while in El Cajon on business to buy some Click Bonds. I hadn't met him before (except in passing at OSH) but had read the "history" that can be picked up on this and other lists about landing gear and long delays and this and that. Mostly negative stuff, unfortunately.

I was pleased to discover that JD doesn't live up to the negativity. He's one of the most pleasant fellows I've ever had the chance to sit down and chat with, he's very knowledgeable, and he's eager to share what he knows. Building, flying, designing, history of canards, etc. We spent a couple of hours trading stories, and I walked away with much more than 200 inexpensive Click Bonds.

If you ever get lost east of San Diego, stop by KSEE (Gillespie Field in El Cajon) and pay JD a visit. Well worth your time.